*SOLD* FS/FT 1978 Gottlied Sinbad (SS) project $280

Buy, Sell, and Trade Pinball Machines and Parts
DeaconBlooze

*SOLD* FS/FT 1978 Gottlied Sinbad (SS) project $280

Post by DeaconBlooze »

*Looks like Tim will be taking this one - sold.*

I bought this pin as a winter project, but I don't know that I'll have much time to get to it.

The backglass on this machine is near perfect, it looks great. I haven't even gotten it setup yet, but it should be assumed this is a non-working project. There's some wear around the inserts, everything seems to be there and intact. There's some rust on the lockbar and other cabinet hardware. I planned to get this up and running for MGC and put a low price on it so I could leave it there, as I hate traveling home with the same machine. The idea of getting this off my "to do" list is more appealing at this point.

I'm looking to get what I paid, so $280 takes it. I'll get some pictures up later.
Last edited by DeaconBlooze on Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
u2sean

Re: FS/FT 1978 Gottlied Sinbad (SS) project $280

Post by u2sean »

I need another project like a hole in the head. Great price, Dave! If I had the space and time I'd definitely take this one from you, but it's just not in the cards right now. A few months from now I'll be kicking myself. I'm sure you'll find a happy home for it! GLWS!
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Pretty sure I will take this.... Shoot me a few pics, but I remember seeing at your place briefly and it looked pretty good.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

Sounds good, I'll send some pics tonight, Tim.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Thanks.... Now I need to step up my Ballers game so I can say I bought a pinball machine with my winnings.... 8-)

I have been trying to setup a pin at work.... Sinbad should be frustrating enough for some fun multiplayer action at lunch.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
Methos

Re: *SOLD* FS/FT 1978 Gottlied Sinbad (SS) project $280

Post by Methos »

Congrats Tim! You now have joined the "Sinbad project" club. I"m a charter member going on three years now.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Methos wrote:Congrats Tim! You now have joined the "Sinbad project" club. I"m a charter member going on three years now.

Well, it is safe to say, I am no longer in the "Sinbad Project" club, and now in the "Sinbad Players" club....

Big thanks again to Dave for offering this up....

Going through the checklist as this one took me awhile-

-Playfield touched and cleared
- 19 light sockets replaced
-All 4 flippers rebuilt (these suck to rebuild)
-All new plastics
-New Power Supply (old one smoked pretty bad)
-New Ni-wumpf CPU (acid damage repaired- spider chip was bad)
-Full LED treatment (purists turn your head)
-Self made stickers for the all the drop targets and spinner
-All connectors repinned (holy balls was that a ton of repinning, way worse than the early Ballys)

Gotta say for anyone on the fence about the Ni-wumpf like I was, just go and get one.... Top 5 high scores, diagnostics, free play, tons of games settings (skill shot, ball save, etc.), these boards are freaking awesome...
Attachments
20150728_001006.jpg
20150728_000936.jpg
20150728_000927.jpg
Current Collection
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

Looks great Tim! Sounds like it took a bit of work but glad you could bring a beauty like this back to life! Looking forward to hopefully playing it soon.
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Stranger Things Pro, Godzilla Pro, Pulp Fiction, GNRLE, Doctor Who, Eight Ball, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

That looks really nice, good work. I'll give you $300 if you deliver it.
Current machines:

u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Don't listen to Dave, he's crazy. I'll go $325 - you shouldn't take a penny less and I'll even pick it up! :lol: That has to be one of the nicest Sinbad machines around. Great work as always, Tim.
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

DeaconBlooze wrote:That looks really nice, good work. I'll give you $300 if you deliver it.

You had me until delivery....LOL..... I am still cleaning my shoes off from when I got dog bombed sliding Xmen through your basement window (and that really is as crazy as it sounds, who the hell loads machines through a window?!?!)
Current Collection
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

u2sean wrote:Don't listen to Dave, he's crazy. I'll go $325 - you shouldn't take a penny less and I'll even pick it up! :lol: That has to be one of the nicest Sinbad machines around. Great work as always, Tim.

Thanks man.... it is already driving me batshit crazy.... I am a live catch/cradle player.... Ain't happening on this thing...

Also forgot one other cool feature to the ni wumpf... Wanna play late at night and not wake the family with the chimes? Ni-wumpf allows you to disable them quickly in the menu...Just really well thought out...
Current Collection
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

Wait......Does this mean there is a machine in your basement that isn't in pieces and is actually playable besides IJ?

:roll:
:twisted:
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

ChrisS wrote:Wait......Does this mean there is a machine in your basement that isn't in pieces and is actually playable besides IJ?

10 total machines right now.... the balance is starting to sway....I am at 50% working now...

You can actually play Black Rose, World Cup Soccer, Indiana Jones, Haunted House, and now Sinbad.... The times are a changing my friend...
Current Collection
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

ChrisS wrote:Wait......Does this mean there is a machine in your basement that isn't in pieces and is actually playable besides IJ?

Oh and bring your dollars, I have zero doubt Sinbad will end up being the king of dollar games...
Current Collection