New Madison Pinball west side location - Schwoegler's

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
Hilton

New Madison Pinball west side location - Schwoegler's

Post by Hilton »

I wanted to let everyone know that Madison Pinball is pushing forward with our goal of making good playing machines more accessible in the Madison area.

We have locked in an agreement to have 4 great playing machines on the west side at Schwoeglers >>> 444 Grand Canyon Dr, Madison, WI 53719

We will be hosting monthly tournaments to be held on a Saturday night. First event will be on Nov 22; 6pm start (sigh in by 5:55). Future events will be the 3rd Saturday of EVERY month. Posting to IFPA soon.

This is a family friendly location but also serves adult beverages and should be a great west side location to play pinball. It has nice room and sound level to accommodate an enjoyable pinball experience.
We are VERY excited and looking forward to making good playing machines more accessible. One day at a time and one good playing game at a time we can help bring location pinball back to life.

I also want to say a huge thanks to everyone that has supported our efforts at the Pooley's location over the past 6 months by dropping in quarters, buying food/beverages from the bar, and coming out for monthly competition.
Last edited by Hilton on Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TomGWI

Re: New Madison Pinball west side location - coming soon!

Post by TomGWI »

Will games still be at Pooley's?
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

TomGWI wrote:Will games still be at Pooley's?

YES, nothing is changing at Pooley's. Still 4 good playing games there and a monthly on the 2nd Wed of each month.

We have been given feedback that westsiders would like a location on that side of town with good playing games. We are trying to answer that request.
This will hopefully allow us to also now have 2 locations and the ability to rotate games among them.

The new location will feature at least one newer game plus some cleaned up and good playing games from other eras. At this point we are big fans of providing good playing games and a somewhat diverse lineup plus the somewhat casual monthly competition.
Ran

Post by Ran »

This is awesome news!!!
Well done Hilton.
Current Collection
Hobbit LE | Spider-Man | Mousin’ Around | Counterforce
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Ran wrote:This is awesome news!!!
Well done Hilton.

This is really a team effort of all the people that have gotten this going. Most notably > Sean, Garrett, Mark, Dave for bringing games out for everyone to play, and all the people that have supported the dream by playing and reporting problems so they can be fixed ASAP. That feedback is REALLY important because if we don't know there is an issue then we can't fix it.

Ken, Gene, Shane, Dave, and Buddha (and others) have been great about always reporting proeblems very quickly which is greatly appreciated!

We will also set up the QR reporting system for the new games at the new location. Since Sean and Garrett are west siders they will be the main guys attending to the issues at the new spot and will be running the monthly event over there.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Great news!! Congrats to those making it happen! Thanks guys!
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

We are hoping the once a month Saturday competition will also be a nice change of pace form other options. Since all the other things are on weekdays we thought a weekend could be a nice alternative. Satudays also work well for this particular location.
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

Will this be saturday evenings or during the day? if it is a 6pm or later thing i can probably make it.
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

This is awesome news indeed! The west side is in dire need of some location pinball. Can't wait to find out more about the venue as well as which games will be placed there. Big thanks to Hilton, Sean, Garrett, Dave, Mark, and everyone else that is making this happen!
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Stranger Things Pro, Godzilla Pro, Pulp Fiction, GNRLE, Doctor Who, Eight Ball, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

nmeun87007 wrote:Will this be saturday evenings or during the day? if it is a 6pm or later thing i can probably make it.

Sean/Garrett will be working out the logistics of the exact start time but is should be during the evening. 5pm start was tossed around but nothing set in stone yet.

Guys > feel free to chime in after you have the details worked out.

Saturday competition will be for IFPA points once things get settled in.
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

That's great news! I'm hoping it's close enough to my work that I can play during lunch.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Saturday tournaments will be early evening - I'd prefer 6pm myself but will know for certain in the coming weeks. Hope to have all the details hammered out by Expo!
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
tullster

Post by tullster »

Congratulations and best of luck with the new location!!

You've got me guessing now! Let's see... Family friendly... That eliminates Bennetts! :( I'm guessing Old Chicago or Nitty Gritty?

Wherever it is, Great news and glad to hear things are working out!

Tully
BigDaddyBanjo

Post by BigDaddyBanjo »

tullster wrote:Congratulations and best of luck with the new location!!

You've got me guessing now! Let's see... Family friendly... That eliminates Bennetts! :( I'm guessing Old Chicago or Nitty Gritty?

Wherever it is, Great news and glad to hear things are working out!

Tully
Not able to say where yet, but you are correct that the the "panties and pinball" idea at Bennets never got traction. :)
Home Collection : FT, JD,Paragon, POTO, GB, WCS, TWD, WPT, SMVE, BK, HS, Gorgar and Bank Shot.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

wrong thread, oops

post deleted