Talk me into it or out of it...

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
Ran

Re: Talk me into it or out of it...

Post by Ran »

$2000 would definitely put me at a significant loss unfortunately.
If I couldn't come close to break even on it I'd keep it.
Current Collection
Hobbit LE | Spider-Man | Mousin’ Around | Counterforce
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

I wouldnt expect this to sell at 2k, I was just throwing out random numbers purely for entertainment. Anytime I hear words like "market, data points,etc." it makes cringe a little. It really takes the hobby aspect out of this hobby for me. No one wants to lose their ass on a game, but it sure is a fun ride when you have one. As always, its good to have these first world problems. I am sure you will have zero problems moving your Whirlwind for another title, keep us posted with your journey :)
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
Ran

Post by Ran »

This pinball habit of ours is definitely a first world problem. It's good that we keep reminding ourselves.
And the playful banter we all have with each other is half the fun of the hobby and what makes our Wisconsin group more like a fraternity and less like a league.
Let the friendly hazing continue :)
Current Collection
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

heads up that there is a guy with a WTB ad on pinside market for a Wwind.

says shipping is OK for the right machine. May be worth messaging him?
noncommittaldave

Post by noncommittaldave »

Haven't seen your game, randy, but I have seen nice whirlwinds sell in the mid 2's. Good luck!
gjbwalker

Post by gjbwalker »

Randy,

For what it's worth:

I sold mine about a year ago for $3200 . . . was asking $3500. It had a new CPR playfield, plastics, ramps, topper, etc . . . and was in very nice shape. I took a couple hundred loss, but I got enough fun out of it, and was just trying to get close to what I had into it.

I posted it on Mr Pinball to avoid the price police on Pinside (I know I could have put it in the Marketplace to avoid the police) as it seemed like a high asking price for WW even in my book, but again was just trying to get close to what I had into it. I had about 8 people interested in it after I had a buyer from Northern IL come pick it up.

Greg
Ran

Post by Ran »

Hilton- I did notice that WTB on Pinside. Gonna drop him a line.
And thanks for the insight Greg.
I have only sold games via craigslist but that was a few years ago before the pinball boom of the past 2 years.
Will most likely avoid craigslist now and post it in this forum in the Buy/Sell section first, then Mr.Pinball and then Pinside marketplace.
I'm confident I will get my break even price when a buyer sees the game in person and eats scrambled eggs off the inside cabinets and playfield when they see how clean and original it is :)
I think the only non original things I have in it are LED inserts, cliffy protectors and a new topper.
All matching, untouched/unhacked boards which seems "somewhat" rare for system 11s nowadays.
But I could be wrong.

Thanks again everyone for all your input!
Current Collection
Ran

Post by Ran »

Well it looks like WW is sold too.
Really great buyer with an already fantastic collection out on the east coast.
I guess pinball season has officially begun.
Thanks again guys for all the support and insight.
As of right now both flintstones and WW are going to really good homes and at sale prices I'm very comfortable with.
Current Collection
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Congrats on the sale..... Any ideas on what you want to bring in?
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

Congrats on the sales Ran! That didn't take long at all and it shouldn't have given how nice both machines are.

LMK if you need any advice on games to purchase. I'll keep an eye out for you as well. As far as the newer Stern stuff since ACDC Premium is probably out of the discussion, I would give Stern Spider-man a hard look. It has good depth, great rules, and fast gameplay and is family friendly. I still think it's a top 3 Stern game along with LOTR and ACDC Prem. X-Men Pro or LE would also fit in well for what you are looking for but I think Spider-man is still a better all around game.
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Stranger Things Pro, Godzilla Pro, Pulp Fiction, GNRLE, Doctor Who, Eight Ball, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Congrats Ran!

Glad you got them sold for what you are happy with and not too much effort.

I will happily come play test your new game/s when they arrive. Let us know what you decide to look for so we can keep our eyes open. Maybe Tim can hook you up with something he has the inside scoop on (not sure if those CEC games are still flowwing or not).
noncommittaldave

Post by noncommittaldave »

another whirlwind gets away from me! i think i'm up to 10+ within 100 miles of me that spit the hook! lol. Congrats, Randy. I guess i don't need to sell my iron man to make room. :mrgreen:
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Hilton wrote:. Maybe Tim can hook you up with something he has the inside scoop on (not sure if those CEC games are still flowwing or not).
Unfortunately CEC has gone back to their old ways of doing business (Smashing on site)... I think they depreciated everything they could (legally) from their warehouse and are clearing out the last of their inventory. The only thing I can get my hands on right now is 15 Nascars and 1 Shrek. If the price is right, I may actually buy all of them and just pay it forward like I did with the 6 TSPPs last year, but not sure if the price will be right. Right now, I am looking at $1500 (shipped) for each Nascar and still negotiating a price on the Shrek.
Current Collection
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

I am interested in a Nascar. Could be perfect for route >> I have been trying to talk my local tire/mechanic into having a game.

That would be pretty cool!
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Might be a couple of weeks before I find out, he was going to go into the warehouse in Kansas and see what was actually still left. Expect the worst as far as condition (IE- Heavily routed, broken plastics, but bootable games), but the playfields on these Sterns have been decent... I will let you know when I hear more.
Current Collection