Expo

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
DeaconBlooze

Expo

Post by DeaconBlooze »

Expo is just over a month away, and I'm surprised that there still hasn't been any real updates. By now, I remembered there being a schedule released, and Pinbrawl registration. Maybe my timing is off, but this can't be a good sign.

Despite it's flaws, I still love Expo. I really hope they can find a way to get more games on the floor this year, and keep them there until Sunday.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
pinball4ever

Re: Expo

Post by pinball4ever »

I've been going to Expo on Saturday only for 15+ years. I used to really look forward to it but now it's not really all that exciting to me. They used to have auctions which were tons of fun. Just seems like there's not many new things to see (although the new boutique games are cool).

I usually pick up a game there - last year it was HMM. This year I don't have anything lined up. I'm tempted to not go to Expo and go to the PInballlife thing instead, heard good things about that. I guess we'll see.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

As the internet has evolved so has Expo. I think I have been going for about 12 years now, and I don't make it a point to go anymore. It used to be a great place for buying games and parts, and now it is the last place I would do either. If I go (which I seem to be going every other year or so), I go after work on Wednesday night (or is it Thursday?) and play until about 2am, and then head back. The game quality and selection is usually pretty poor, but it is still fun to see all that stuff in one place. 5-6 hours of Expo is about all I can stand anymore. MGC is the only show I actually get a little excited about, as the games there are great.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

I will likely drive down for 1 day this year just to play teh botique games, mainly WOOLY, and the new Stern.
noncommittaldave

Post by noncommittaldave »

I will go for one night into early morning session *if* I can find someone else to tag along with me.
noncommittaldave

Post by noncommittaldave »

I would be up for the pinball life explosion also provided I found someone to go along.
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Has there been any announcement about Pinball Life open house? There were more working games there last year than at expo. I usually go Thursday and leave Friday and head to PinballLife.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

TomGWI wrote:Has there been any announcement about Pinball Life open house? There were more working games there last year than at expo. I usually go Thursday and leave Friday and head to PinballLife.
http://www.pinballlife.com/

on the homepage now
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

ExpoBrawl is fun, but I think our group will be attending the PBL open house this year, instead.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Hilton wrote:
TomGWI wrote:Has there been any announcement about Pinball Life open house? There were more working games there last year than at expo. I usually go Thursday and leave Friday and head to PinballLife.
http://www.pinballlife.com/

on the homepage now
Cool. Thanks.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

So I am thinking about taking off work on Friday Oct 17th and driving down.

My general plan is to head to PBL and be there for the opening at noon, hang out for a few hours and then head over to Expo. It seems game hall is open at 1pm at expo and exhibit hall at 6pm??? My main interet in exhibit hall is to see WOOLY and some of the other botique games.

Tentatively
10am leave Madison (earlier is fine with me also but PBL does nto open till noon)
12:00 - 4:00ish at PBL
5:00 - ??? Exhibit hall at Expo
Late - return to Maidson

LMK if anyone wnats to carpool?