Newbie Introduction

Allmyfriends77

Newbie Introduction

Post by Allmyfriends77 »

Hello, my name is Bryon. I just wanted to introduce myself to the MadCity Flippers League.

My wife and I will be moving to the Madison area in the middle of this month. I'm really excited about the move because I can now be closer to more pinball enthusiasts like myself.

I'm 37 years old. Been playing pinball since I was a kid really. My dad would play in a softball bar league and well after the games he would take me to the bars and I would play pinball. I recently just got involved in tournament play, but really just on a local level. My wife and I travel to Louisville every year and there is a place there called Zanzabar. It's a classic arcade and pinball bar with live music too. Great place and I highly recommend visiting if you are in the area. They have weekly pinball tournaments on Tuesday's.

I'm looking forward to meeting more people in the Madison area. I lived in the Madison area about 18 years ago, so it's been a while but I have in-laws in Sun Prairie.

Any information about where to go and what to do for the upcoming months would be appreciated. I have read about the Pooley's meeting every 2nd wednesday and I look forward to attending that, but I am open to joining anything. I travel all over the place just to play pinball. My latest travels have been to the Dells to play the Wizard of Oz and Star Trek. Some gorgeous pins there.

Thanks!!
Ken

Re: Newbie Introduction

Post by Ken »

Hey Bryon! Welcome back. The MadCity Flipper league is such a great group of people that shortly after it started, there was a wait list to get in. We voted a few of the members into a "board" of sorts so maybe one of them can put you on the wait list.

Or maybe you could take a proactive approach and start another league. The monthly turn outs at Pooley's indicate a large group of pin heads that are willing to get together once a month. Maybe float the idea at Pooley's this month if you can make it.

Look forward to meeting you!
Allmyfriends77

Post by Allmyfriends77 »

Thanks. Unfortunately the meeting at Pooley's this month is right in the week of my move. I'll have to practice and get ready for the September meet up. In the mean time I'll be on the lookout for pinball machines in the Madison area. The only place I've been to is Quaker Steak & Lube on the west side.

If anyone has any suggestions as to where to go in Madison to play, I'd be grateful. Not too familiar with the area in regards to where any pins are. Thanks.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Let me know after you get settled in and you can swing over to my house and play. Aside from pooleys the other main locations to play in the area are Rossis in monona and waunnabowl in waunakee. There are other places with 1 or 2 games but not much quality. Tully works for quarter time and is the best tech in town. Because of him, all their games play really well!

If you are interested and available then get signed up for the www.madisonpinball.com madrollin pinball waitlist. I hope to hear back from game bringers by next friday and after that i will fill the remaining player slots with those on the waitlist.

Event is sept 13th and while i am a bit biased, it is a blast!!!
Ken

Post by Ken »

Hilton wrote:Event is sept 13th and while i am a bit biased, it is a blast!!!

A bit? ;) Even with the bias, he is right, it's a blast! Hard to believe we are almost a month away from the event!

How long is the wait list for MRP?
Allmyfriends77

Post by Allmyfriends77 »

I think I am going to attend no matter what. I'm pretty sure I already signed up on the waiting list a few months ago. I'm double checking but it looks like a great event. Would be a great opportunity for me to meet a lot of other people. Maybe get a good feel for everything.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

yup, I check the sheet and you were already on the list a while ago Bryon.

Ken >> if everyone that originally said they are bringing a game confirms by the end of this week, then we should be able to get the majority of the waitlist in.

Looking like we will have 18 games for golf and 32 teams (64 people) if everything pans out. That is 33% bigger than last year.