2015 Member Interest List

u2sean

Re: 2015 Member Interest List

Post by u2sean »

Let's stop the fussin' and the feudin'
Attachments
hug.JPG
hug.JPG (6.59 KiB) Viewed 1310 times
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
noncommittaldave

Post by noncommittaldave »

am i cleetus or homer (or neither)? lol.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Last edited by Hilton on Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Attachments
Make Up.jpg
Make Up.jpg (17.44 KiB) Viewed 1292 times
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

After some reflection and messages with guys whose opinions I value combined with some not so constructive messages from others, it is apparent that I have ruffled enough feathers based on my opinions and values to the point that I have taken away from the fun for many. That is not right and likely not worth it for many.

I appologize for those I have offended in my desire to sincerely try to make things better (I know the way I see things is very different from many, but even when the ramifications have been negative I assure you I have always had positive intent).

I am stepping out of MadCity flippers discussions and understandably am not welcome in other events/leagues at this time. I am still happy to participate and host if you guys would like, but it is evident that many feel I have ruined a previously good thing. I am sorry for that.
tullster

Post by tullster »

I'm not going to take any of this internet chatter very seriously, and I haven't got time to worry about it.

We've got a really good thing going here, and I'd hate to see it get sour. It's not like we're spending the weekend camping together :shock: ... We're just getting together for a few hours occasionally to play some Pinball, swap stories and have a good time. I think there's room and enough interest for all the leagues to work successfully.

So unless somebody has a better idea ( I'm open to suggestions and someone else can run with this idea too ). I'll summarize the ideas in this thread and put them on a ballot to bring it to Mike's on Saturday for approval. We'd vote and seal them until ALL CURRENT MEMBERS vote, then tally it all up to decide what direction things will go. It's probably the fairest way to do it. We'll need to nominate/elect a president & vice president too.

PM or call me if you like. I'm not sure if I'll have the time to compete at Mikes, but I'm sure I'll be able to stop in to try kicking some ass on JM!! :D
BigDaddyBanjo

Post by BigDaddyBanjo »

And that is why he is "the Godfather"...<grin>

Thanks Tully.

Let's all remember this is something we do for fun. This league is filled with good guys and I value the friendships made with each of you much more than any other aspect of the league. So all of us just need to shut up, drink some beer and play some pinball!
Home Collection : FT, JD,Paragon, POTO, GB, WCS, TWD, WPT, SMVE, BK, HS, Gorgar and Bank Shot.
Ran

Post by Ran »

BigDaddyBanjo wrote:So all of us just need to shut up, drink some beer and play some pinball!
...and for gods sake let Ran win a game every once and a while. Ya bastards.
;)
Current Collection
Hobbit LE | Spider-Man | Mousin’ Around | Counterforce
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

We'll get this all figured out! If anything having another league opens up more pinball options for many of us current players' as well as new players in the area. More pinball is good :D I like Tully's suggestion as well and we can discuss/vote on what we think is best on Saturday for those of us that can make it. If we're going to be nominating a President/VP I'll put in a nomination for DonTully. But the term President/VP is rather weak. I think he shall be referred to as "The Godfather" of Mad City Flippers league. We could also open votes on a consigliere position as well.
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Stranger Things Pro, Godzilla Pro, Pulp Fiction, GNRLE, Doctor Who, Eight Ball, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
tullster

Post by tullster »

Today, I mailed out a 2015 league ballot and survey to the members who weren't at Mikes Saturday and seem to be still in for 2015 (Hilton, Lance, Dave B, Paul B & Chris M). Fill 'em out, seal 'em and wail 'em back. We'll open up the ballots at the next convenient gathering and find out the results. The 5 "winners" :shock: will get to go over the survey! I THINK I've got everyone now. If I've missed someone, or anyone has questions/comments, let me know. Also, if anyone changes their mind about being out for next year, let me know.

Thanks,
Tully
Ken

Post by Ken »

Thanks Tully!
reldnips

Post by reldnips »

As for interest in the 2015 league, I'm certainly wanting to return for next season. Gareth would be interested in being put onto "the wait and see" list but is figuring on not making the cut. I still can't host yet, 2 machines doesn't quite cut it.
Harlem Globetrotters, Blackout, Joker Poker
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

I think it's best to remove myself from the returning members for 2015. I'm booked through about the middle of August with stuff going on - our weekends just fill up too quickly with both of our families out of town and a newborn. I'm probably fooling myself by thinking next year will be any different.

I'd still be happy to host next year if it's needed!
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

DeaconBlooze wrote:I think it's best to remove myself from the returning members for 2015. I'm booked through about the middle of August with stuff going on - our weekends just fill up too quickly with both of our families out of town and a newborn. I'm probably fooling myself by thinking next year will be any different.

I'd still be happy to host next year if it's needed!

Amazing how a newborn changes things.... Not only from the perspective of commanding your time, but then commanding your time with family obligations. Everyone always wants to come see the baby or wants you to bring the baby....
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
tullster

Post by tullster »

I hear you'z. Not only newborns, but kids change things period! I'm dying to make it to Chris S's for the party on the 12th, but it looks like I'm going to be taking my Grandson to the Brewer game instead. Not a bad tradeoff, but if it was up to me, I'd rather be playing Pinball!! Enjoy those kids, they grow up way too fast!

Sorta back on topic, I just got back from vacation and picked up my mail. Got 2 of 5 survey/ballot responses back so far. My thought is to open them before the Pooley's tourney on the 9th say about 6:30, one hour before it starts ? I'll probably be able to be there, but can't stick around. We could do it at Daves too on July 26th ( I won't be able to make it, but could give the stuff to someone else). I think we should have at least 3 members present to open the ballots.

As always, respond with thoughts/ideas.

Thanks,
Tully