Stern re-releasing IM

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
DeaconBlooze

Stern re-releasing IM

Post by DeaconBlooze »

There are already about 5 threads on Pinside about this, but that forum is just so noisy... I'm convinced no one even reads anyone else's responses, but maybe just scan to look for something to be outraged about, pick out a few things without reading the full point, and then start flaming.

So, what do you guys think about this? I like IM, but it's sort of a mix between ACDC layout, and similar rules to Avatar, so I'm out. I feel like they've been teasing a Tron Premium for a while, so maybe this will act as a market test.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
Hilton

Re: Stern re-releasing IM

Post by Hilton »

I think IM is pretty cool and Dave M should buy 1 :)

Actually I really do think it is the perfect game for Dave M >> tough, fast, kid friendly theme.

It is one of the few sterns I like and for some reasom feels like FT to me. If would love to put one on route. Dave B, want to replace SS with one?
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

I think mine lasted about 6 months in my house before I was bored with it. It is popular because it is easy to understand and fairly hard to master. I just don't understand how anyone would spend more than original NIB pricing on one ($3600) when it has been well established what it is. I guess if I were a new collector I might see it differently, but I don't know, once a pin starts to creep over the 1500 mark, I really start to put a value on how much bang for the buck is actually there. For the price of all the new modern Stern Pros out there, I don't think IM holds a candle to any of them in what it offers in gameplay.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

I thought I always wanted one as well. But now that I have MET I think it plays just as fast as IM. I do like the War machine Kick out on it. I wish that would be implemented in more machines.

I assume the price point is similar to the other current releases?

Interesting that they are re-running it. I assume they see enough requests that they feel they can move them? Does this mean the next new release will be at the end of the summer or this Fall.

chris
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
Methos

Post by Methos »

I can't believe how much time people have on their hands. Some of those pinside posters must either not have a job, or just surf all day long. How many times can you go back and forth with the same crowd on pinball price speculation?

Regarding IM, i am thinking about it, but i would need to sell a few to clear the room and raise the dough.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Methos wrote:
Regarding IM, i am thinking about it, but i would need to sell a few to clear the room and raise the dough.
What are you selling :geek:
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Hilton wrote:
Methos wrote:
What are you selling :geek:
Looks like it won't be a problem for you to sell a few Mark. :lol:
Methos

Post by Methos »

Believe it or not, sold one a few weeks ago (in Tom's driveway), and two more are all but confirmed to leave. After you sell the first one, it becomes a bit easier.

:)
epthegeek

Post by epthegeek »

Just Stern running a few more when there's demand. Nothing weird there. Sure, it's a bit farther from the original run than they've done before, but meh.

This run and the MM run buy them some nice (probably much needed) time to work on the code support for their new display/system for whatever they end up doing after DMD.
Current pile of ridiculously expensive "beep-boop-bing" boxes: Cactus Canyon, Theatre of Magic, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Metallica (Pro), Iron Man, Spider-Man, Scared Stiff, Iron Maiden, Rick & Morty
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

That's an interesting point, I hadn't thought of that.

I really wouldn't be too upset if they used these reissues to take some pressure off of design teams to push out what currently seems to be about 3 machines a year (as long as it doesn't cost people their jobs).
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

Does this mean my WOF is getting updated code. Ralphwiggum will be sad he sold his. :roll:

chris
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
noncommittaldave

Post by noncommittaldave »

i know i've already spammed the forums but i pulled the trigger on this. I'm already sick of it. :mrgreen:
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

noncommittaldave wrote:i know i've already spammed the forums but i pulled the trigger on this. I'm already sick of it. :mrgreen:

congrats!!! When do you get it?
noncommittaldave

Post by noncommittaldave »

No idea when. I heard end of month on the forums.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

what made you decide on IMVE? rather than one of the other titles you have been eyeing (i.e. FT)?

I think you made the best choice possible and shoudl be cool to see this! Also, is this your first NIB? must be extra exciting!!!