Not mine. High Speed in Appleton. Rant-ish (not really)

Buy, Sell, and Trade Pinball Machines and Parts
noncommittaldave

Not mine. High Speed in Appleton. Rant-ish (not really)

Post by noncommittaldave »

http://appleton.craigslist.org/for/4408656472.html

Did anyone look at this? I assume not since it's a bit high in price. Contacted the guy last week, he got back to me several days later said he had it. I replied i'd be up there on the weekend and wanted to see it. No response. I know, typical craigslist b.s..

Point of this post? Why not, thought i'd see if anyone else had any 'luck". Probably better luck NOT hearing back. lol.

Rant over (but not really mad, just bored).

-NCD
RustyLizard

Re: Not mine. High Speed in Appleton. Rant-ish (not really

Post by RustyLizard »

Not just CL but the world is full of self serving idiots these days. My latest CL story is I am looking for wheels and/or tires for a car I am trying to sell. On Sunday I contacted about 8-10 people with ads on CL. From all the ones I was interested in, not one had a phone number in their ad or in their contact info. Two of them even said something in the ad about calling them or texting them. I included my phone number in the majority of my emails so the ones I was really interested in could contact me directly. Monday morning I got two emails from people who sold theirs and didn't remove the ad. The rest nothing.

Now is you want to hear a real rant I will start in on other drivers especially while I am working. You don't want to go there. :)
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Why would you want a non working HS for a $1000 Dave?????
noncommittaldave

TomGWI wrote:Why would you want a non working HS for a $1000 Dave?????
The only thing that he stated was inop was the beacon. I don't care about that. If it didn't play/work, i would have made an offer.

I have a nostalgia/sentimental thing going with that machine. It was one i played occassionally back in the day. I think the gameplay is worthy of $1000 if in average shape.
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Quite certain it doesn't work. "Lights up but I didn't play any game" almost certainly means the GI is the only thing that DOES work. If that plywood coin door is any indication on the overall condition of this game, run away unless it's super cheap. :)
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
noncommittaldave

u2sean wrote:Quite certain it doesn't work. "Lights up but I didn't play any game" almost certainly means the GI is the only thing that DOES work. If that plywood coin door is any indication on the overall condition of this game, run away unless it's super cheap. :)

Ya, i read that, assumed it wouldn't work. I did notice the coindoor and credit button, too.

I guess the thing that's chapping my khakis is that I contacted somebody about something that was unsold after 30 days and i tell him i'm going to be in his area and i still can't get the time of day. Sorry about that run on sentence. I'm not really "mad" just kinda sharing my story about how ridiculous the whole thing is. The guy should have been begging me to come out to see it on the hope i was a complete chump but i don't even get a reply. oh well. No big loss.