Pinball Friday after work?

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
Hilton

Re: Pinball Friday after work?

Post by Hilton »

RustyLizard wrote:Stopping in to play Monday night around 6:00.

I will try to make it out around then, depends on work stuff.
noncommittaldave

Post by noncommittaldave »

RustyLizard wrote:Stopping in to play Monday night around 6:00.
how long you plan on sticking around? Son has a 5:15 baseball game, will try to make it out there after, if you are around. You buying something down here? :mrgreen:
RustyLizard

Post by RustyLizard »

Selling Stargate, picking up Solar Fire and TOM in not too distant future. I will hang around until seven or 7:30
RustyLizard

Post by RustyLizard »

Nicest TAF I have ever seen. Ball trough is confused on ST.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

RustyLizard wrote:Nicest TAF I have ever seen. Ball trough is confused on ST.
Thanks on TAF.

Can you explain what the symptoms are on ST? I can stop out after work on Tuesday to work on it.
RustyLizard

Post by RustyLizard »

Once during a two player game and again in a one player game the ball ended while it was still in play. Not sure why but it just ended. Flippers quit, bonus added up and ball just dropped out of play.

During the two player game the other guy started with two balls once for no reason. When he lost one it gave him a ball save and put a second ball back into play. Hope that helps.

Nice playfield on FH too. Some good games you guys have there. :)
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Thanks Russ!

The description of the symptoms should help with trouble shooting. Does anyone know if this is a common ST issue? I know other recent Sterns have had trough opto issues that sound like similar symptoms.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

same deal.... trough opto issues... Those trough opto boards are usually pretty messed up (from the factory) and if you are lucky, just reflowing everything and reseating the connectors will make it right as rain....
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
noncommittaldave

Post by noncommittaldave »

RustyLizard wrote:Selling Stargate, picking up Solar Fire and TOM in not too distant future. I will hang around until seven or 7:30
Sorry i missed you. Son's baseball game got done at 6:50 and then we had to get him some supper. Oops! Sounds like you had a good time/got some stuff done. Congrats on the Solar Fire!
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

ralphwiggum wrote:same deal.... trough opto issues... Those trough opto boards are usually pretty messed up (from the factory) and if you are lucky, just reflowing everything and reseating the connectors will make it right as rain....
Totally agree with this - my Shrek would freak out every once in a while and reflowing the trough boards and reseating the connectors took care of it.
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
RustyLizard

Post by RustyLizard »

noncommittaldave wrote:
RustyLizard wrote:Selling Stargate, picking up Solar Fire and TOM in not too distant future. I will hang around until seven or 7:30
Sorry i missed you. Son's baseball game got done at 6:50 and then we had to get him some supper. Oops! Sounds like you had a good time/got some stuff done. Congrats on the Solar Fire!
No problem, I left a little before seven. I was a little tired and wanted to get home. Almost as if that slot in the wall was made for four pins.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

u2sean wrote:
ralphwiggum wrote:same deal.... trough opto issues... Those trough opto boards are usually pretty messed up (from the factory) and if you are lucky, just reflowing everything and reseating the connectors will make it right as rain....
Totally agree with this - my Shrek would freak out every once in a while and reflowing the trough boards and reseating the connectors took care of it.

That was my plan for step 1. Hopefully it will do the job.

RustyLizard wrote:
Almost as if that slot in the wall was made for four pins.
Sure seems that way. Just wish it was made for 6 instead of 4 ;)
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Stopped out after work today to reflow both trough opto boards. STpro is up an running as it should.

I played a few games an no double kick out or confused game. Hopefully that takes care of it.

Reminder that next Wednesday (1 week from tomorrow) is the 2nd monthly event. Hope to see lots out there.
CenterFlank

Post by CenterFlank »

Those connectors for the trough wires can wiggle loose at the Z connection, tie a zip tie around them to keep it tight if it happens again.