FS-Used Whirlwind Ramps & LED OCD Controller

Buy, Sell, and Trade Pinball Machines and Parts
gjbwalker

FS-Used Whirlwind Ramps & LED OCD Controller

Post by gjbwalker »

Selling my used WW ramps and the micro switch covers. Everything is in decent shape for being used and nothing is broken. I'm also including two new CPR sling plastics as well. All this stuff was from my WW restore that I don't have anymore and am trying to get it out of my basement. $120.00

Also, I have a new System 11/Data East LED OCD controller that I was going to install in WW as well, but liked how the LED's turned out, so I didn't put it in. Bought it direct from Herg on Pinside. $120.00

I thought I'd post it here before Pinside.

Thanks,
Greg
ralphwiggum

Re: FS-Used Whirlwind Ramps & LED OCD Controller

Post by ralphwiggum »

The LED Controller, is this one for the inserts or the GI? if it is for the inserts has anyone actually seen a System 11 or DE game ever ghost? I have done about 20 machines from this era now, and have yet to see one ghost (even with non ghosting bulbs).

Curious as to what this one does for this era game.

Nice price on everything, GLWS!

Also, you got Whirlwind done? PICS? I love seeing the old machines with new parts, they look like time capsules!
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
gjbwalker

Post by gjbwalker »

Thanks Tim. This is the insert controller. It stops ghosting, but more to what I was looking for is that it can control the brightness and the fade of the inserts. So instead of that instant on/off you get with LED's, you can control how much fade/delay happens to give it more of an incandescent look.

Here's his link for reference:

http://ledocd.com/

I'll try and get a link to some pics.

Greg
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Thanks, I have seen it before, and was fully aware of what it did, but I guess I was more curious as to what games from this particular era had issues that were fixed by it. I havent come across fading effects and ghosting in this era game yet.

If yours works for Whitestar as well, I will take it. LOTR is a ghosting nightmare (as are most Whitestar games)....
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

ralphwiggum wrote:Thanks, I have seen it before, and was fully aware of what it did, but I guess I was more curious as to what games from this particular era had issues that were fixed by it. I havent come across fading effects and ghosting in this era game yet.

If yours works for Whitestar as well, I will take it. LOTR is a ghosting nightmare (as are most Whitestar games)....

Edit.... Just went to the link.... Your board will work with WPC as well, which is where it really shines. this board is 150 new, so great deal, no doubt. I have a Taxi and POTO I am refurbing right now, both will full LED inserts (non-ghosting ones as well), and neither of them exhibit any ghosting.

Thought it was a little strange that this was designed for just this era game, but once I saw the link, it made total sense that this was also for WPC (that do exhibit ghosting, even with patched roms- depending on the game).

I like the smoothing effects and brightness controls, these boards are awesome, no doubt. Shouldnt last long at this price, this is a very popular item right now.
Current Collection
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

For the record, my PinBot ghosted quite a bit with the standard Cointaker LED's. I think my buddy had the same problem with his F14, actually.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

DeaconBlooze wrote:For the record, my PinBot ghosted quite a bit with the standard Cointaker LED's. I think my buddy had the same problem with his F14, actually.

Good to know.... I havent heard (until this post) of any ghosting issues with this era game....
Current Collection
gjbwalker

Post by gjbwalker »

I'm sure whoever buys this could contact Harold @ LED OCD about swapping out cables for WPC, but for clarification, these are Sys11/DE. But don't hold me to him for sure swapping them out. It would suck if you wanted it for a WPC pin and couldn't get those cables.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

gjbwalker wrote:I'm sure whoever buys this could contact Harold @ LED OCD about swapping out cables for WPC, but for clarification, these are Sys11/DE. But don't hold me to him for sure swapping them out. It would suck if you wanted it for a WPC pin and couldn't get those cables.

Ahhh, gotcha.... He seems like a really good dude, and this is an awesome product....

Good luck with the sale Greg!
Current Collection