Transportation options

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
zenbone

Transportation options

Post by zenbone »

We are looking at a possible machine purchase in Madison, we live in Greenville. I am one of the only humans in Wisconsin that doesn't own a truck. What are my options?
Thought about a uhaul rental or perhaps a car rental place that has trucks. Is there any other choices if this goes through? Anyone know anyone that picks up/delivers pinball machines?
u2sean

Re: Transportation options

Post by u2sean »

Depending on the specific machine you're picking up and vehicle you have, you may be able to make it work. Older EM style games can fit in the back seat of sedans wit the head off. Otherwise, many SUV / wagon type vehicles will hold newer style games (my RAV4 hauls everything). Again it really depends on the machine and what vehicle you have. I don't know anyone that transports, but a minivan / van / SUV rental for a day might work best for you. Good luck!

Sean
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

What kind of car do you have? Make/model/ year
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
zenbone

Post by zenbone »

We have a honda accord. It is a space invaders machine.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Depending on the setups, most accords tow 1000-1500 pounds. Your initial cost for a hitch will set you back a couple of hundred, but uhaul trailer rentals are dirt cheap, especially when you return to pickup location.

I typically pay around 35 a weekend for an enclosed 4x8 when I don’t need my bigger trailer.

Another option would be a cargo van rental, but I imagine you might use a hitch more if you had one.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
zenbone

Post by zenbone »

Thanks! I will check around for a cargo van rental for this go around. This is the first period of my life I do not have a truck. It is becoming problematic for sure.

Now I need to figure out if the machine is right for me for the money. It is gorgeous but asking top of the range plus a little.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Ahh gotcha…. I love the artwork and the infinity lights in the backglass, but as a player there is a lot of open real estate. It can feel floaty for sure.

Good luck!
Current Collection