Halloween/Ultraman

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
NoahK

Halloween/Ultraman

Post by NoahK »

Neat idea of Spooky releasing two machines that look to be built on the same hardware, just different art packages and code. Crazy to see that they sold out with more than twice the number of games in less time than Rick & Morty even with website issues. Congratulations to Spooky and everyone involved in this success.

Anyone on here getting one or both of these machines?
The Hobbit, Alien Poker, DE Star Wars, Heavy Metal Meltdown, Total Nuclear Annihilation, Rick and Morty
QuyN

Re: Halloween/Ultraman

Post by QuyN »

I'm in on a UMBSE! Initially, I was going to pass on the releases, but my wife kept pestering me about it...so I had to oblige :)

I only knew of UM but never really watched it. Watched the first few episodes last night and I can see the charm especially at the time it was released. Oddly enough, I found myself smiling most of the time. I won't work my way through the entire series, but I'll definitely watch some of it, and probably hit the most recent Netflix series.

Layout-wise, it looks like there's a lot going on, on each of the playfields. I love the use of drops (I love drop targets) and the lifters to the inlanes intrigues me. The art on both games are AMAZING. I'll be curious to see how well it shoots and the use of assets on UM specifically, but also on Halloween as well.

I'll be honest, if it was just a Halloween release, we probably would have passed since we have younger kids that play, so Charlie definitely did a +1 for us by co-releasing a family friendly theme.
epthegeek

Post by epthegeek »

Don't expect the code to be different. It's just an asset swap. They'll play the same.
Current pile of ridiculously expensive "beep-boop-bing" boxes: Cactus Canyon, Theatre of Magic, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Metallica (Pro), Iron Man, Spider-Man, Scared Stiff, Iron Maiden, Rick & Morty
QuyN

Post by QuyN »

That's what I was assuming as far as code goes. It wouldn't make practical sense to have different rules for the same layout. Definitely looking forward to how the assets are used, and for sure how the game plays!
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

Dont worry, there will be a couple of each coming to the Madison area.

I have a few of each left in reserve and would prefer to deal locally instead of posting on pinside about them.
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games