So..., tell me about the Madison area

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
HagenPinball

Re: So..., tell me about the Madison area

Post by HagenPinball »

You need someone to play test your gameroom let me know! haha :) Looks Great, Eric!
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Looks great. I bet the basement looked a lot bigger before you put machines in it! LOL
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

I think I'm most jealous of the radio shack drawers.

Looks great!
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

I have this RS drawers in my shed.. grabbed 4 of them... They are amazing
Current Collection
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

I think I'm most jealous of your radio shack drawers, shed, and rx8.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

When Covid hit and I went full time work from home, I put the 8 on CL for a stupid amount. The thought of the 8 just sitting in my driveway made me sad. I figured, put a stupid amount on it, destiny will tell me to keep it since the amount is so high, and it was meant to be.

The first hour on CL I had 25 emails offering my full amount and the 8 was sold that day.... :cry:

Good news is that I have only filled my gas tank up twice in 3 months, so I know the 8 would have just sat... I know the 8 is getting driven though... When the guy test drove it, we redlined it 3 times to hear it ding... Lolol
Current Collection
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

Congrats. They're pretty tough to find in decent condition, but not unobtainable. I'm sure you can find another if the mood strikes.

The SS has sat quite a bit, too. I've been full from home as well, and I think I've filled it up twice.
Current machines:

Ken

Post by Ken »

Looks great Eric!!
Eric_S

Post by Eric_S »

Thanks, guys. The Radio Shack drawers are awesome for storing pinball parts. The basement filled up fast, but I fit the number of pins I expected. I was hoping to just have 1 long row where Dr. Who and TZ are, but that alcove was a couple inches too small and there wasn't enough room to get the playfield glass off. I figure I could probably fit another game next to Dr. Who. If I rotate FG and TSPP ninety degrees, I could probably fit another pin too.
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

You could do what I did, and put a less-deep game there. I kept The Games for a while simply because it was six inches less deep than my other games, which made it fit in a tight spot. :)

Nice that you ended up with a few slots that are topper-compatible. Looks like plenty of room for a group to play, once we're back in that mode.

Congrats on getting set up!
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
Eric_S

Post by Eric_S »

Well, my stay in Madison is going to be shorter than I thought. I accepted a job to return to my previous employer and will be relocating back to the Fox Valley area sometime in the first part of 2021. It is a bummer that the pandemic happened and I really couldn't get the full experience, but I'm also looking forward to getting back to the Fox Valley. Again, big thanks to everyone that helped out getting me here in the first place.

Eric
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Crazy stuff... sounds like a ton of work!
Current Collection
CftBL

Post by CftBL »

Oh my, that was a short stay. Too bad you couldn’t come have fun with us!
Creature from the Black Lagoon, Twilight Zone, Star Wars Premium, Hobbit
Eric_S

Post by Eric_S »

Yeah, the timing of a move and career change probably couldn't be worse. The opportunity to return to the Fox Valley in utility engineering don't pop up often and if I passed up the chance to return now, it may be a long time before the next opening.

I'm dreading having to go through the home search/sell/move process again, but I'll get through it.

I was bummed that I couldn't get into more of the Madison Pinball scene. I stopped at New Moon and Nerd Haven from time to time, but I really wanted to get more into league/tournament play. I had a great time at IO Bar back in October. Speaking of which, I happened to drive by IO Bar earlier today it is gone; no game, no signs, nothing. Any idea what happened?
CftBL

Post by CftBL »

They’re moved just down the street to the Plan B / Prism space. Much bigger facility. More pins. More games. Food. And they’ll have their own parking lot! Should be pretty sweet when it’s done. I think they are targeting an early summer opening.
Creature from the Black Lagoon, Twilight Zone, Star Wars Premium, Hobbit