Rick and Morty

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
Chris K

Rick and Morty

Post by Chris K »

Who's in? I'm in! "Dream theme" is a silly term cause there's a ton of themes I'd love to see (Goonies, dammit). But Rick and Morty from Spooky is a definite for my basement!

Hopefully I can get my hands on one soon!
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
pinballgap

Re: Rick and Morty

Post by pinballgap »

A lot of hype and high expectations.If I was a betting man I would say it's going to be a fun game and worth buying.IM looking forward to seeing it.It looks like it's going to sell out quickly if the people on Pinside are correct.I noticed Kingpin has a few left of what he expects to have available so that may be a safe way of making sure you get one if anyone is in no matter what.It's awesome to see such hype and attention going Spooky's way.
Eric_S

Post by Eric_S »

Rick and Morty is the first game in a long time that had me interested just based on theme. The Walking Dead was the last game that did that. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures/layout/pricing for the game. Not sure how Fang club/distributor order system will work out, but I'm sure it will play out soon enough.
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

Fang club membership is just that, it is a membership to be part of a fun spooky club. That being said, in order to have access to the "blood sucker" edition, membership is required. You can order your game (standard or blood sucker) from any spooky distributor or from spooky directly. If ordering through a distributor, then that distributor will verify membership.

Membership to the fang club does not guarantee the ability to (or the requirement to) purchase a game. If you wish to order a game then you need to contact an authorized distributor or spooky directly.

Fang club members will have a two week exclusive period to order the machine (either standard edition or blood sucker).

All blood sucker editions will be made first. The standard editions will be produced once the blood sucker games are done.

Let me know if you have any questions. At this point "interested list" has far exceeded my allotment and I have started a "waiting list."
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

This may be the first theme in modern pinball that excites me!
I am honestly a fan of just having something relevant to now that also spans a few generations.
Plus I think comedy in pinball has been severely lacking.

Lots of pressure on this small team to deliver, but I think they will.
I love TNA and Scott D ideas on physical risk v reward, I dig having EptheGeek on code and Bowen on rules, I am happy to have real pinball content from original voices/art/etc...

Lots to be excited about on this one :)

Dec 25/reveal cant get here soon enough.
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Hype and expectations are through the roof at Pinside, so there will surely be a pendulum effect when people realize that there aren't actual portals bringing real Morty's to life in your pinball table.

I know it's not going to be four Twilight Zone's worth of toys stuffed into one table. But we've seen what each member of this team are capable of, and that's enough for me. If I don't like it, I'll take my lumps on resale. The only way I wouldn't be in at this point would be if the price tag was craaaazy.
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

I think the theme is perfect for a machine. Lots of humor, one liners, quick hitters, and clips to draw from. Good to see some newer faces working on the machine as well. It isn't a purchase for me, as this isn't a game my family would rally around (like Bob's Burgers would be), but I am excited to see how it turns out.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

Batman 66, GotG. All these high dollar games you are into. :lol:
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
QuyN

Post by QuyN »

I'm in on one unless the layout is a complete drag, which coming from Scott, will likely not be the case. The team working on this game is a HUGE selling point. If something like this were announced from another manufacturer, I would definitely NOT be in. Katie and I have always said that after we bought TNA, we would be in on Scott's second game...and here we are!

TBH, I just only started watching R&M after the announcement. Working through season 2 so far. If we didn't have kids we would probably be all caught up. It is a ridiculously smart show that has a smattering of immature jokes that some people can't look past. I am surprised nearly every episode by how creative the writers are. It's soooo good!
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Wait, you don't watch it with the kids? ;)

I would buy it if another manufacturer made it; there are plenty of pins from Stern or JJP I like. But like you said, I wouldn't buy from them mostly-blind like this.

I just have to figure out how to have this table in the house with the kids. I really hope there's no plumbus physically on the table.... :shock:
QuyN

Post by QuyN »

Chris K wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:57 am Wait, you don't watch it with the kids? ;)

I would buy it if another manufacturer made it; there are plenty of pins from Stern or JJP I like. But like you said, I wouldn't buy from them mostly-blind like this.

I just have to figure out how to have this table in the house with the kids. I really hope there's no plumbus physically on the table.... :shock:
Well, Charlie did mention that there will be a family friendly setting...so there's that. We just tell our kids not to repeat the words
:)

I haven't seen the episode with the plumbus yet, but I keep seeing it referenced, so I'll be looking forward to that episode!
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Oh man, you're in for a treat.

It's on one of the Interdimensional Cable episodes, I think in Season 2. You'll know it when you see it!

Some people want a Plumbus shooter rod. I explicitly do not want that.
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

I'm watching pretty closely. I'm really interested, but I'm worried that my apprehension to order sight unseen might mean I don't get a chance to buy one at all.

I also want to make sure it's not something that would mean banning my kids from the gameroom..
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

DeaconBlooze wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:35 pm I'm watching pretty closely. I'm really interested, but I'm worried that my apprehension to order sight unseen might mean I don't get a chance to buy one at all.

I also want to make sure it's not something that would mean banning my kids from the gameroom..
I cant imagine any of the art being anything too bad for kids.
the software will have a family mode.

Also, they will be for sale afterwards, even if it sells out at the start.
Lots of people will buy on hype and then go on to the next shiny thing while waiting for the next year for game #500 to make it to them.

I would not fret.
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

The static art on the game might not be edgy, but the video content is going to be pretty jaw-dropping for kids.

My kids are getting to the point where I'm going to be in explain mode rather than hide mode, so this will be as good a vehicle as any.

Charlie said the sequence will go like this:

1. Video/pics released
2. Some indeterminate amount of time passes
3. Fang Club orders open
4. Two weeks pass
5. General orders open

If 750 orders come from the Fang Club you'll be SOL. But if the time between the pic release and orders opening is long enough for you to make a decision, you should be OK not buying blind.

I imagine there are a lot of R&M fans jamming F5 on that Pinside thread right now to get a glimpse before joining the Fang Club and ordering!