Nintendo Switch.... Club?

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
Chris K

Re: Nintendo Switch.... Club?

Post by Chris K »

Something funny happened in the past 20 years... the nerds rule the world now. :)

Maybe we'll see a Revenge of the Jocks soon? Jocks getting made fun of cause they suck at Fortnite?
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

I thought you would find the humor in the fact that someone with a pile of pins in their basement is commenting. :lol:

Somehow as my life got busier I just lost touch with gaming. Or maybe it was more about the desire to spend my extra income & time on pins and such.

I miss it every once in a while. I used to crush Tiger Woods. My dude looked so SIIIIIC. I would think the cost to reinvest would be way to much at this point.
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Oh, I know you're just giving us a hard time. I saw the arcade cab in your basement. :D

I can't say no to any gaming, really. It's all fun to me. I prefer simple pinball games and deep video games. About the only thing I avoid is the screaming-loony competitive shooters, cause the people are so toxic.

If the time investment in video games is what's holding you back, the emergence of indie games would be attractive to you. There's a lot less homogeneity in video games now than there was a decade ago. Think more Killer Queen and less Counter Strike clones. There's really something for everyone these days.
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

I'm about 40% through LM3. Great game so far, except the noise when your health is low and chasing the cat around was some PITA stuff.

Car Mechanic Sim is now $1.50 today, so that is almost worth buying just to waste some time on!
Pinballs - MMr, MBr, TNA, CCr, Multimorphic P3, Metpro, Playball, Sopranos
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

I am .0004% through LM3...... I was superstoked to get this and have played exactly 13 minutes of it.... :cry:

When does this "kids taking up all of my time" thing slow down?
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

I've never played any of the LM games.. is it kid friendly (for a 5 and a couple of 2.5 year olds)? I would think so, but not really sure with Luigi being the edgy brother and all..

It's pretty tough to play games with my kids right now. I want them to just chill out and watch, the same way I had to do when I was a kid while I was forced to watch Paul. My kids are screaming at eachother over which unconnected controller they want. Chaos. Mario Kart worked out pretty well the last time I tried it with all 4 of us. I'm thinking of playing through Yoshi's Island. I've never beaten it, and I figure losing their shit over Baby Mario may be distracting enough for them.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

DeaconBlooze wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:43 am I've never played any of the LM games.. is it kid friendly (for a 5 and a couple of 2.5 year olds)? I would think so, but not really sure with Luigi being the edgy brother and all..

It's pretty tough to play games with my kids right now. I want them to just chill out and watch, the same way I had to do when I was a kid while I was forced to watch Paul. My kids are screaming at eachother over which unconnected controller they want. Chaos. Mario Kart worked out pretty well the last time I tried it with all 4 of us. I'm thinking of playing through Yoshi's Island. I've never beaten it, and I figure losing their shit over Baby Mario may be distracting enough for them.
Yes... Very kid friendly. My kids enjoy watching it as much as they enjoy playing it. There is even a multiplayer option on this one as well (havent tried it yet, but it looks like some easy/silly fun).
Current Collection
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

My pile of kids is 8/7/6/5, and they play Kirby on their own successfully. Check that one out for kids that can handle some very light platforming and a beat-em-up game.

I had all the same kids watch me play Untitled Goose Game. They had a ball with that; I made a point to harass the ever-loving shit out of all the people in the game... stealing stuff I didn't need to, sneaking up and scaring everyone, and generally being a pest. They thought it was great and gave me all sorts of extra suggestions to screw with the people.

Mario Kart with the autopilot is fantastic, I agree, so long as one person isn't legit-good, cause the autopilot is pretty slow.

If you have Mario Party, some of the mini games are simple and fun, like blowing up balloons or hitting golf balls. Kids like those, even if they don't have good controller skills. You just have to find the one they like and won't make someone cry.
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

We got LM3 for my son's 6th birthday which is Monday but we let him open it a couple days early and we've been playing it since yesterday. The game is a lot of fun so far. It doesn't feel like a traditional Mario platformer which is nice for a change. I really like the sound, lighting and ambiance of the mansion and busting ghosts is fun! I like that they have unique personalities. My son really likes it and is already declaring it as his favorite game. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a fun family friendly game. We are also getting him Mario Maker so it will be interesting to see which one he'll like more.
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Foo Fighters Pro, Godzilla Pro, GNRLE, Alien Star, Space Invaders, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Mario Maker can be very difficult. Play the levels listed as Easy and it feels like an easy SMB level. The hardest ones are a hellscape of pits and spikes and autoscrolling.

If he wants to get good at platformers, Mario Maker is pretty cool. And I imagine he'll be drawn to the ability to make his own levels to kill you with. But you're going to suffer some awful and/or sadistic levels at times.

To be honest, the WiiU-era Super Mario games are both fantastic... the level design is overall better, and you can play both of them coop, so you can help him out if he has issues. You just can't make your own levels...
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

Thanks. I know he's played MM2 at his little buddy's place, and he had fun with playing some of the levels and also tried building his own levels which is what he was most excited about. He's into building a lot now whether it be Legos or Minecraft so I'm sure he'll enjoy the game. We've gotten all the first party Mario games like Mario Wii U Deluxe and Captain Toad and he's enjoyed them all. I'm glad they are porting over the Wii U games since we didn't pick up that system.
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Foo Fighters Pro, Godzilla Pro, GNRLE, Alien Star, Space Invaders, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

ralphwiggum wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:32 pm I am .0004% through LM3...... I was superstoked to get this and have played exactly 13 minutes of it.... :cry:

When does this "kids taking up all of my time" thing slow down?
I think when you try to retire.....Or they turn 16 and can drive themselves...

LM3 is going well. Some VERY hard parts I had to look up the guide but not every boss or level is that hard. Usually I just don't think or see something.

Car mechanic was $1.50 the other day so I snagged that. I hear it is really meh but I used to have a mechanic game on my windows 98 box that was a blast to waste time in.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Finally got some time on LM3.... Super fun game. Just finished the Pyramids, and keep working my way up. Haven’t used any guides yet, so some of these levels are taking way too long. It is killing my kids that I won’t let them tell me what to do, but they cheat anyways and watch everything on YouTube before they play. I have no idea how that is any fun for them.

Once the parts come in for NBA Fastbreaks, I am done playing LM3 for at least a month. I better hurry... :D
Current Collection
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

MikeS wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:24 pm Thanks. I know he's played MM2 at his little buddy's place, and he had fun with playing some of the levels and also tried building his own levels which is what he was most excited about. He's into building a lot now whether it be Legos or Minecraft so I'm sure he'll enjoy the game. We've gotten all the first party Mario games like Mario Wii U Deluxe and Captain Toad and he's enjoyed them all. I'm glad they are porting over the Wii U games since we didn't pick up that system.
Glad to hear he's not in games for them to be easy. "Kids these days" and all that... When I was a kid our controllers were built tough because we threw them in anger!
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

ralphwiggum wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:14 am Finally got some time on LM3.... Super fun game. Just finished the Pyramids, and keep working my way up. Haven’t used any guides yet, so some of these levels are taking way too long. It is killing my kids that I won’t let them tell me what to do, but they cheat anyways and watch everything on YouTube before they play. I have no idea how that is any fun for them.

Once the parts come in for NBA Fastbreaks, I am done playing LM3 for at least a month. I better hurry... :D
How did you find time to get all the way to the pyramids? I just got there yesterday as well.