OT - Mobile Game Recommendations (android)

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
DeaconBlooze

OT - Mobile Game Recommendations (android)

Post by DeaconBlooze »

I hate the typical mobile game archetype. Pay to continue playing, pay to win..

What are your decent game recommendations for mobile? It's really difficult to find a respectable list. I love classic SNES RPGs. I have taken advantage of emulation, so I'm not necessarily interested in replicating those specific games.

These devices have a lot of potential, but it's rare to see them utilized in any respectable way, which I find frustrating.
Last edited by DeaconBlooze on Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
ralphwiggum

Re: OT - Mobile Game Recommendations (android)

Post by ralphwiggum »

Baseball 9 is my go to game on my phone. Generic characters, but excellent gameplay, and no advertising for the most part.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

I've taken to only playing the stuff that's better on touch devices... I've got so many devices to play stuff on that the crappy (for example) first person shooter or Zelda clone never gets played, cause I'll just use my Switch or PC or emulation platforms for that. I've burned way too much time on crappy games only to look at my "real" backlog filled with fantastic games!

Anyway, I play pretty simple stuff on my phone/tablet that fits good with a quick play mentality. Knights of Pen and Paper was a fun little grindy RPG-tyle experience. The Kingdom Rush games are cool if you like tower defense. Crypt of the Necrodancer is on pretty much every platform (including the Switch) and is a long-time favorite of mine. Guild of Dungoneering was a cool concept and kinda fun. There's a bunch more I've burned through that I can't think of right now... I can dig up my purchases history if you want a bunch of titles. I've split between Android and iOS, so some of what I've played is only on one platform or another.
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

Thanks for the recommendations. I'll give baseball9 a try - I remember you praising that one.

I feel like the 90s point and click adventure style games could find a great home on mobile (particularly with a stylus). I did find that they have a Grim Fandango port, and Broken Age, and I've yet to play either. I think I'll give those games some play during any of the rare long-form gaming sessions I have where I'm also away from the switch.

The other style game I've been looking for is a city builder. SimCity was great fun before the more recent installment. They do eventually wear thin, but they would make for a great mobile game. I know there is a SimCity game in the app store, but it looks to be everything I hate about mobile games.

And now I'm going to go start a Switch thread...
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue