WTB: Project Tables?

Buy, Sell, and Trade Pinball Machines and Parts
ker_pow

WTB: Project Tables?

Post by ker_pow »

Heya! One of the Belles has asked where they might could find a project table to work on, either to purchase fairly cheaply or if anyone was looking to get rid of something in general. Does anyone have a good place to start, or know anyone looking to get rid of anything they have laying around that they just haven't had a chance to do anything with yet?

Thanks a bunch!
Jessica Kent

Pinball Origin Stories
T & IG: @pinballorigins
Submit your pinball origin story: https://goo.gl/forms/iXW8Qy29rImoThz33
ralphwiggum

Re: WTB: Project Tables?

Post by ralphwiggum »

Is there something in particular you are looking for? (Price range, ERA of game, depth of the project) Lots of us have projects, but typically hang onto them as they are either trade bait, or turned into profit after we finish them ourselves to continue feeding the addiction.

I have a project Pennant Fever pitch and bat that needs board work. I was going to tackle it this winter, but would let it go for wait I paid for it if you want something to work on cheap.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
RustyLizard

Post by RustyLizard »

I have a Williams Time Warp I would part with. Not a highly desired game but pretty good shape for $575. Resets while playing, needs cleaning and rubber.
Eric_S

Post by Eric_S »

RustyLizard wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:04 pm I have a Williams Time Warp I would part with. Not a highly desired game but pretty good shape for $575. Resets while playing, needs cleaning and rubber.
I picked up the other Time Warp that Russ had for sale (it was in rougher shape and dead) and have it working. If you're looking to get into pinball repair/restoration, a mostly working pin like this is a nice start. The game reset issue is probably caused by one of the following:
  • Power supply - dried out capacitors, burned up connectors and cold solder joints on connector header pins
    replace the 40-pin interconnect between the MPU and driver board
    flakey IC chip sockets on MPU and/or driver board
    broken diode on a coil causing voltage spike
Good luck in your search.
ker_pow

Post by ker_pow »

ralphwiggum wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:18 pm Is there something in particular you are looking for? (Price range, ERA of game, depth of the project) Lots of us have projects, but typically hang onto them as they are either trade bait, or turned into profit after we finish them ourselves to continue feeding the addiction.

I have a project Pennant Fever pitch and bat that needs board work. I was going to tackle it this winter, but would let it go for wait I paid for it if you want something to work on cheap.
I don't know what her price range is but I know it's under 300. She'd mentioned that she reached out to local arcades to see if they were getting rid of anything, and I let her know that's probably not likely based on my own knowledge of pinball buying and selling and how many folks are top notch at fixing games.
Jessica Kent

Pinball Origin Stories
ker_pow

Post by ker_pow »

RustyLizard wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:04 pm I have a Williams Time Warp I would part with. Not a highly desired game but pretty good shape for $575. Resets while playing, needs cleaning and rubber.
Thanks, unfortunately that's out of her price range.
Jessica Kent

Pinball Origin Stories
ker_pow

Post by ker_pow »

Thanks, unfortunately that's out of her price range.
Jessica Kent

Pinball Origin Stories
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

ker_pow wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:42 am
ralphwiggum wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:18 pm Is there something in particular you are looking for? (Price range, ERA of game, depth of the project) Lots of us have projects, but typically hang onto them as they are either trade bait, or turned into profit after we finish them ourselves to continue feeding the addiction.

I don't know what her price range is but I know it's under 300. She'd mentioned that she reached out to local arcades to see if they were getting rid of anything, and I let her know that's probably not likely based on my own knowledge of pinball buying and selling and how many folks are top notch at fixing games.
The chances of finding a solid state machine at this price are really low, but the chances of finding a project EM in this range is somewhat likely. As a bonus, mechanically, EMs tend to be really cheap to fix too.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
ker_pow

Post by ker_pow »

Right on, thanks again. everyone.
Jessica Kent

Pinball Origin Stories