2014 Season dates discussion >official date in thread at top

Hilton

Re: Oct2013-Sept2014 Season dates and IFPA stuff

Post by Hilton »

current list below

Feb 22 at Waunabowl. Time? TULLY PLEASE CONFIRM

March 29>> Chris M confirmed 6pm start. Show up as early as 2pm to hang out and practice.

April ?? One of the Enders bros going to take this??? Tim N, can you reach out to Todd E since he is not on here much?

Alternative >>There was talk about meeting up to play our set of 4 games at MGC on the publically available games or a bank of them on saturday afternoon. Keep in mind that game hall closes at some point for all except thise that bring games so we will need to do this a little earlier in the afternoon on Sat. Preference is to have someone host a different weekend in APR

May 10 Sean confirmed date

June21 Mike S confirmed date

July 26th Dave B. Confirmed Date

Aug??, Confirmed Pauly B. hosting. Date to be decded later

Sept 15th>>> Confirmed Tim E hosting
Last edited by Hilton on Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
tullster

Post by tullster »

Ok, I'll confirm Feb 22nd for Waun-a-League (sorry, can't resist... everything in that town is waun-a-this & waun-a-that). I've started shopping out the games and will announce them soon.

We'd waive the $10 hosting fee of course. Maybe we can talk Todd into throwing some sort of special our way.

We'll figure out something for the MGC if nobody else can host. There's a band in the Bar again...Beaker, a really fun band & Carl (their leader) is a total Pinhead who always brings a game or two to MGC & Expo.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Just wanted to say thanks for all the hosts stepping up and confirming dates. I had to work every single day that was selected, but because you guys confirmed so early I was able to get days traded to have off for pinball! You guys are awesome!!
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Updated with Sept date above!

Only month left is April. Anyone want to take this? Todd???
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

i thought we were doing the april meeting at MGC?
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

nmeun87007 wrote:i thought we were doing the april meeting at MGC?
There were concerns raised about logistics of doing this during the day on Sat and only people that bring games are allowed at the after party on Sat night so that likely will not work since many members won't have afterparty access?

Most important to me is that we do something in April. I see both pros and cons to doing to at MGC.

If we can't find an April host then I think we need to shoot for earlier on Saturday when things are not as hectic in the MGC pinball hall.
MadPinBaller

Post by MadPinBaller »

I've been thinking about which date to host - so just putting feelers out for April 19 (Sat before Easter), or Sunday, April 27? Are you available?
MadPinBaller

Pins: Demolition Man, Baywatch, Vegas, South Park, Fish Tales, Xenon, Dr Dude, Contact
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

April is still available currently. I personally like April 19th and it will be nice to do something slightly more chill after the MGC weekend.
rdexter

Post by rdexter »

Sunday, April 27 would work best as we will probably be busy Easter weekend with family. THANKS!
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

The 27th would work better for me as well since the 19th is my anniversary/Easter wknd. I know Vanessa is supportive of my pinball hobby but I'm not sure she'd like to hang out with all you guys on our anniversary :lol:
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Stranger Things Pro, Godzilla Pro, Pulp Fiction, GNRLE, Doctor Who, Eight Ball, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

I believe the 19th is also MKE league..
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

i have a baptism for my Goddaughter the morning of the 27th, but as long as the league doesn't start til 6/7 pm i'm good with either date.

christopher
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
MadPinBaller

Post by MadPinBaller »

As for the April date, so far it looks like folks are favoring Sunday, April27, which makes some sense since April 19 is the Saturday before Easter Sunday, making it tougher to do those non-pinball family things.... ;).
And 4/19 is also an MKE league night, which impacts some folks.

And I think I'll open up the possibility of having it on Saturday, April 26, in the evening. Does Sunday night exclude anyone who could make it Saturday night, 4/26? Or do you generally prefer Saturday night over Sunday, perhaps because of Monday morning _ _ _ _ .... (oops, almost used a dirty 4-letter word that ends in k :lol: ).

As for timing, Christopher says he prefers after 6pm either night. I can appreciate how that helps people get stuff done during the day and reserve the evening for pinball.

So how about a few more comments, especially from those who haven't weighed in, before we set the definite date/time

See ya tomorrow at Tom Taylor's or Chris's in Lake Geneva, and at the WaunaBowl for league Feb 22.

Keep on Flippin!!!! :mrgreen:
MadPinBaller

Pins: Demolition Man, Baywatch, Vegas, South Park, Fish Tales, Xenon, Dr Dude, Contact
Methos

Post by Methos »

I prefer Sat night over Sun, but either will work for us. 4/26 or 4/27 work.

And not sure when the old season ends and the new one begins, but we can host October again like last year. Probably will be the first week of the new season.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

October will start the new season.

Lance, I have already given my opinion on date but for day... I always prefer Saturdays for league.