Anyone in on iron maiden?

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
ChrisS

Re: Anyone in on iron maiden?

Post by ChrisS »

Ha. That is great Hilton.
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
CftBL

Post by CftBL »

I was talking with Rachel at Marco about how the set up for the show and unboxing was going to work. Rachel said that she thinks it is the biggest booth they’ve ever done. Oh she also said to expect an email this week with the details of the setup for those that hove purchased games for show delivery.
Creature from the Black Lagoon, Twilight Zone, Star Wars Premium, Hobbit
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Awesome! Looking forward to the email from Marco! I'm in on Iron Maiden as well...or should I say Madison Pinball is in. ;)

Looks like Stern is cranking these out on the line right now. I've gotta say, I really like the reveal to release timeline on this one! If it comes with nearly complete code, that'll be the feather in the cap!
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
QuyN

Post by QuyN »

u2sean wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:11 pm Awesome! Looking forward to the email from Marco! I'm in on Iron Maiden as well...or should I say Madison Pinball is in. ;)

Looks like Stern is cranking these out on the line right now. I've gotta say, I really like the reveal to release timeline on this one! If it comes with nearly complete code, that'll be the feather in the cap!
That's awesome Sean! This is the first Stern release that I've actually been excited for! Can't wait to put in some games!
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

u2sean wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:11 pm Awesome! Looking forward to the email from Marco! I'm in on Iron Maiden as well...or should I say Madison Pinball is in. ;)

no, I am in on Iron Maiden! :) well Madison Pinball is :)

We actually ordered one a while ago, but just had to wait a little before announcing. Looking like it will be a great game and super excited to check it out in about 10 days!
CftBL

Post by CftBL »

If “Madison Pinball” is in on IMDN, who gets the pass for the Saturday Night Game-bringers only after party?
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

CftBL wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:42 pm If “Madison Pinball” is in on IMDN, who gets the pass for the Saturday Night Game-bringers only after party?
we are each gonna split it for 1.5 hours :)

Actually I think combined we are taking 7 or 8 games so we will all be in for the after party. Gotta bring a game to get into the best party of the year!
CftBL

Post by CftBL »

If anyone else wants to get in on the MGC show special pricing, Friday is THE LAST day you can order Iron Maiden and get it for the show.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

CftBL wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:50 am If anyone else wants to get in on the MGC show special pricing, Friday is THE LAST day you can order Iron Maiden and get it for the show.
Pretty sure that is today? Had to have payment to them by Friday/ order in by today. At least that is how I understood it?
CftBL

Post by CftBL »

I stand corrected, by the end of Thursday because Marco is placing their final order Friday.
bmaster31

Post by bmaster31 »

Just got done setting up my game in the game room, we counted 15 Iron Maidens! That should keep the lines down during the show.
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

We played a bunch of games (thank to all the people putting their own games on the floor!) yesterday and we really liked it. Lots of fun shots, and the upper flippers are like a less claustrophobic version of Judge Dredd’s layout. The jump ramp to the sarcophagus is fun (the bullseye feature works like Gottlieb’s pin-in-the-middle target) and looks really cool, and there’s a lot to shoot at even if you don’t know what the heck you’re doing.

We aren’t a fan of the theme so we won’t be buying one, but it’s a lot of fun to play, and it sounds like you’ll have a hard time visiting a basement in Wisconsin that WON’T have one of these. :)
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Oh, I should say that one of the tables we played had its upper left flipper drooping lower at rest than other tables, and shots from the upper right into the inner orbit would hit the tip of the upper left flipper, forcing you to hold the left flipper up to get clean loops.

If that’s your table, crank that little guy up a bit, it plays much better that way!

(We played maybe four tables, this one was the only one that was lower)
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
BrewNinja

Post by BrewNinja »

As much as Im not a fan of the band, the game is awesome! Really nice layout and flow. Probably liked it more since I couldn't hear the music :lol: Thinking about actually getting one (assuming that the music can be replaced).

I know which one you were talking about with the droopy flipper. It wasn't much lower, but just enough to get in the way.
Black Hole, F14, Dirty Harry, Walking Dead Premium, Fish Tales, Comet, Metallica, The Shadow, Whirlwind, Black Knight 2000, Deadpool
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

For anyone looking for some more time on Iron Maiden, the Madison Pinball one is out at Pooleys and only .50 per play through the end of the month :)

Thanks to everyone that supports and plays pinball on route so we can keep bringing in new games!
Reminder that this Maiden will also be taken over to Maria's for the Official Launch Party Tournament on May 12th (combined with the Burnin' down the house tourney) so get your practice in now.