League Absent Question

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
TomGWI

League Absent Question

Post by TomGWI »

How are you guys in the other leagues handling absent players?
Looks like take a percentage of average but if they have not played they don't have an average.
Do you take the average at the end of season? Or after a certain amount of plays? How does this affect reporting to points to IFPA?

Tom.
ralphwiggum

Re: League Absent Question

Post by ralphwiggum »

TomGWI wrote:How are you guys in the other leagues handling absent players?
Looks like take a percentage of average but if they have not played they don't have an average.
Do you take the average at the end of season? Or after a certain amount of plays? How does this affect reporting to points to IFPA?

Tom.

Absent is after three weeks have been played. If I got 10 points in week 1, missed week 2, and got 10 points in weeks 3 and 4, I would get a backdated score for week 2 of 8 (80% of current average). If you are submitting points monthly to IFPA, you don't get to back date the points, but that would make sense since you didnt actually compete that month anyways.

Take a look here- viewtopic.php?f=13&t=23

You can see by weeks (colored scores) where the scoring has been backdated for averages. Also, you will note that it is your average of your scores at the time, not the last three weeks of scoring. So if you missed league the last week of the year, it wouldn't be as varied (even though we are only talking about a few points possibly) as missing league at the beginning of the year.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Thanks Tim.
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

Tim,

does that mean that i will get points for the first two weeks that i wasn't able to make it?

i wasn't worried about it, just curious.

Chris M (Kingpin)
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

nmeun87007 wrote:Tim,

does that mean that i will get points for the first two weeks that i wasn't able to make it?

i wasn't worried about it, just curious.

Chris M (Kingpin)

Yes you will... Once you record three scores, Your week 1 will be 80% of your average, and your week 2 will be 60% of your average. This encourages people to participate, but doesn't harshly punish them for missing.

Missing four events does get you a public flogging, so keep that in mind... :o
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

Public Flogging. Times like these I wish I had some musical ability so I could make that my new band name.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue