Annoucement on IFPA Participation for 2018

Methos

Annoucement on IFPA Participation for 2018

Post by Methos »

Fellow Mad City Pinball Members:

Opinion was recently solicited in regards to the Mad City Pinball League’s participation in the IFPA ranking system for 2018. To date, a total of 16 votes have been received. 10 members voted “Yes” to be associated, 5 members voted “No Opinion”, and 1 member voted “No”. Based on this feedback, the League will continue to be IFPA sanctioned. The Board will discuss the most effective way to participate given the recent rule changes around reporting. We thank you all for your input and commitment to this passion we all share. Please continue to provide us your ideas and suggestions.

Jimmy
Mark
Ryan
Sean
Tim
Hilton

Re: Annoucement on IFPA Participation for 2018

Post by Hilton »

Methos wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:39 pm The Board will discuss the most effective way to participate given the recent rule changes around reporting.
I suggest 1time at the end of year to match how we actually run league play.

This also means only giving $1 per year per person to those mugs.
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

I suggest raising the membership fee from $15 to $25 per person. post 3-4 times per year (whatever would give us maximum points) then use the rest of the money to pay out more spots in the final, or get yearly shirts, hoodies, a machine raffle, etc. With the demand for more and more leagues and more and more members, it is time to start making this league mean something more than just a monthly hang out. Give it something "big" to shoot for.

For most members, $25 one time fee isn't something that should be a bother. If you own even a single pinball machine you will most likely spend more than $50 on maintenance of the said machine. Most other "leagues" (darts, pool, bowling, etc) have a membership fee and then a weekly league night fee to get the prize pool up. I would like to see a 10 place payout with the last place getting $100 or so.

There are many things to discuss as far as the 2018 season goes, but that will be for a different thread. For this thread, i have stated how i feel in the first line.
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
CftBL

Post by CftBL »

All very sound thinking KingPin. I think that $25/year is reasonable.
I don't care about payouts, but the idea of shirts and/or hoodies sounds cool.
Creature from the Black Lagoon, Twilight Zone, Star Wars Premium, Hobbit
Tim E

Post by Tim E »

Great idea for the shirts, I would say Maya or Chateen for the design as they are clearly the talent in the league. I have seen Maya's numerous Mad Rollin trophies, which are nothing short of majestic. I recently saw Chateen's playfield repainting on Sean's EM and it was awesome! :)
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

Can we get them in sparkle? I like me some sparkle!
Attachments
FB_IMG_1508594763309.jpg
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
Tim E

Post by Tim E »

Heck yeah we got sparkles...so much that were going to light off some sparklers to go with our sparkles!!! Kingpin and sparkles forever!!!