MGC 2018!!!

Detailed Events Forum. All Calendar Entries point back to events in this forum.
Hilton

Re: MGC 2018!!!

Post by Hilton »

epthegeek wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:33 am I just hope the show doesn't overcompensate for the new space and line up enough stuff that it's crammed again, :D
I dont think that will be an issue based on the amount of room available.
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

epthegeek wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:33 am I just hope the show doesn't overcompensate for the new space and line up enough stuff that it's crammed again, :D
i think you are jumping the gun here. i have been working with dan for a couple weeks here. once more people start to finalize what they are bringing (number of games) then i can step in to "fill" in the rest. just because i can bring 400 machines, doesn't mean i will. last thing i want is to be crowded again.
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
cad-kid

Post by cad-kid »

After attending my first MGC last year (and being impressed at the variety of "stuff"), I was going to take a break this year. But after seeing the new venue announcement & how excited people are getting - I'm in! :mrgreen:

Another reason to be going is the Pinball Mayhem YouTube channel I help to start at the beginning of last month. It has opened my mind to additional opportunities at pinball events.

I will be bringing the recording equipment in an effort to capture a tiny bit of the many flavors of the show. One great idea our team had was to make a daily video showing the pinball side (machine check in, setup, etc) for those who can't make it. And upload it that same day.

I welcome additional ideas.

For those who don't know about the Pinball Mayhem YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNRxb1 ... UXoI3XItaQ

See you there-
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Hey Jermey, If you ever want to do something on Madison Pinball, then just let myself, Garrett, or Sean know.

I am sure we could work something out. I like your channel and what you are trying to get started.
cad-kid

Post by cad-kid »

Hilton wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:16 am Hey Jermey, If you ever want to do something on Madison Pinball, then just let myself, Garrett, or Sean know.

I am sure we could work something out. I like your channel and what you are trying to get started.
Thank you for the offer Hilton, I would like to do a feature on Madison Pinball. Your post is already giving me some good ideas (I got to jot them down before I forget them :x )
Tim E

Post by Tim E »

Anyone know if the MGC pinball tournaments are going to be IFPA endorsed? I assume they are not because they were FREE, but they were FREE only because of the location in Brookfield and the relationship with the local politicians/police(not sure of the party involved). Now that it has moved I have the question. I think this might hurt the participation numbers if it is not IFPA endorsed...Thanks!
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Tim E wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:11 am Anyone know if the MGC pinball tournaments are going to be IFPA endorsed? I assume they are not because they were FREE, but they were FREE only because of the location in Brookfield and the relationship with the local politicians/police(not sure of the party involved). Now that it has moved I have the question. I think this might hurt the participation numbers if it is not IFPA endorsed...Thanks!
As I understand it, Dan will have some sort of announcment around this in a few weeks. I was just talking with him about stuff again today and it appears he is looking at all the options to ensure he figures out the best options for everyone and stays legal with stuff also.

I dont think being non-IFPA pinball tournaments is going to impact attendance #s for MGC at all. I also think there is a decent chance it would eventually increase the tournament participation. On average over 1/3 players in the big MGC event are not even rated players and over 50% of the participants the past few years play in 3-5 events (the MGC events is what makes up that #) a year which seems to imply it is more about fun and less about points for them. For show attendance, I cant imagine any of the people are going just to play in the MGC tournament only for IFPA points??? if so, that is a really small # of the total attendance. Maybe 10-20 people where that is a main focus?
Last edited by Hilton on Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Dan also told me that Clock Chaos is nearly sold out, so if anyone is interested in grabbing a slot, they should do it soon.
bmaster31

Post by bmaster31 »

Hilton wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:54 am Dan also told me that Clock Chaos is nearly sold out, so if anyone is interested in grabbing a slot, they should do it soon.
Where do you even sign up for Clock Chaos? Is that just the Friday night VIG tickets?
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Yes, you should be able to select a chaos slot along with vig pass (until Chaos is full)
Last edited by Hilton on Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
reldnips

Post by reldnips »

I received email response from Dan. Current plan is that All Pinball tournaments will not be IFPA endorsed. May change as it gets closer. Makes it hard for me to pay the extra $45 for Friday night knowing that those tournaments are not registering. I really hope that this changes. That registration fee that was supposed to help add to pinball interest in tournaments and such looks like it will be costing interest, at least for me in this case
Harlem Globetrotters, Blackout, Joker Poker
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Thanks for the info Ryan.

I thought you were co-hosting/ TD for Chaos with me this next time? If that is no longer the case, then let me know.
reldnips

Post by reldnips »

Can't leave you hanging. That's a lot of work, and you and Heidi have been taking that on for years on your own.
Harlem Globetrotters, Blackout, Joker Poker
chaos

Post by chaos »

KingPin Games wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:02 pm So, it's going to be huge! Already trying to figure out how many semis (not a typo) I'm going to bring down.
I just got my class A CDL this morning, so get in touch if you need any drivers...
cad-kid

Post by cad-kid »

chaos wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:20 pm
KingPin Games wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:02 pm So, it's going to be huge! Already trying to figure out how many semis (not a typo) I'm going to bring down.
I just got my class A CDL this morning, so get in touch if you need any drivers...
Congrats on the CDL!

Was the final test hard?