Dialed In at Level 257

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
Cloud7

Dialed In at Level 257

Post by Cloud7 »

I went to Level 257 yesterday with a few people. It was our first time there and we were all amazed at how nice the facility was. Very classy! We arrived right when they had opened and were literally the only patrons there. The staff there was ridiculously friendly! It wasn't for quite a few hours until the arcade started to get busy. We played Dialed in for quite literally 6 hours between all of us. We had a blast obviously! A few from our group had played it at Expo, and a few were playing it for the first time! We talked with Kevin who runs the 257 pinball league along with Roger Sharpe's son, on and off the whole time we were there. He said Pat Lawlor came and set the game up, so he was able to talk to Pat about the game. He told us Pat wanted ball saves turned off, and they were recording stats from all the plays for research. The code for this machine was estimated to be 30% complete, while at expo it was around 20%. One of the new modes, or disasters that was not at expo was singularity. Over all the game was more fun to play than at expo, mostly due to having a better understanding of the rules. This game is a must own for me personally. After playing it at expo, it just got in my head! Schaumburg is a little over an hour drive for me so it's totally worth the trip. If anyone else is close and wants to check it out I highly recommend it. Oh, and the food in the restaurant at the arcade is GREAT!!
ChrisS

Re: Dialed In at Level 257

Post by ChrisS »

Nice one.

I really need to check that place out. It's about an hour for me as well. I'm not a buyer but I want to support it anytime I can.
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Wow, I've heard about the place, but the Google view of the inside looks awesome. We're definitely going to go sometime. It's >2hrs from our house, though... a good way to burn a vacation day, I suppose. :)

https://goo.gl/g2OzLm
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
cad-kid

Post by cad-kid »

Good post! I really want to try this pin.
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

It really is a fun game. If anyone has any questions about the game (or wants to purchase one), give me a shout.

Christopher
KingPin Games
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

I need to see about making a trip down sometime soon!

I can plus 1 that KingPin is the guy to buy from if you are looking for a great JJP distributor! He takes care of his customers, has fair pricing, and in general is a pretty cool guy. He also is a huge supporter of all thinsg pinball in the region so he gives back to pinball!
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Thanks for the review and heads-up on Level257! That place looks just awesome. I'm with ChrisK - when I need to burn a vacation day I'm totally heading down there. Nice to hear that the recently added code makes a difference! I really enjoyed playing this one at Expo as well - great flow and some really fun shots. Need to get some more time on it, so a trip will be in order. Just wish they'd finish that never-ending road construction in Schaumburg! :lol:
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
Cloud7

Post by Cloud7 »

KingPin Games wrote:It really is a fun game. If anyone has any questions about the game (or wants to purchase one), give me a shout.

Christopher
KingPin Games
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell
Yes! I called yesterday to put my order in for my very first NIB machine. As a new person to buying NIB I was very happy with Kingpin Games!
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Awesome! Congrats on the Dialed In! I played it at Expo and it was a lot of fun. Can't wait to try it again with the updates.
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
epthegeek

Post by epthegeek »

I played it at Expo maybe a half dozen times, and went do 257 on black friday with some of the CPM guys and played it again. I generally think it's pretty fun, but I think that's slanted by the fact that it seems kind of easy so I've had several pretty great games on it and it's giving it the old rose colored glasses. Its fun, but no where near the price tag worth of fun for me.

I think the volcano disaster is also new since expo, and the emoji blitz mode -- which we managed to break. If you tilt out during emoji blitz the emojis stay on the screen in front of everything until you reset the game (until it gets fixed, that is).
Current pile of ridiculously expensive "beep-boop-bing" boxes: Cactus Canyon, Theatre of Magic, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Metallica (Pro), Iron Man, Spider-Man, Scared Stiff, Iron Maiden, Rick & Morty
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

I will be taking a trip down to PBLife sometime in the next few weeks (meet up spot to pick up a game I bought last month) and just waiting on the other guy to coordinate a date that works for him.

That means I will likely have an open seat if someone wants to ride along and stop at 257 to play some games/ blow a day of PTO.
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

I can blow an entire day at PBL. :D

Add the trip to 257 and you have hit it out of the park sir.
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

ChrisS wrote:I can blow an entire day at PBL. :D

Add the trip to 257 and you have hit it out of the park sir.

I will keep you posted once I know a pickup date. Hopefully it will work with your work schedule.
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

Sounds good.
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

Let me know and I will see if eric is free to meet you guys too.

For those of you who don't know eric (my brother) is lead electrical engineer for jjp. He is also a uw madison graduate.
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games