Team One Possible Score Reel Issues *Update*

Tech Help, Restorations, Refurbishments, "Shop Out" Photos, Notes
Methos

Re: Team One Possible Score Reel Issues

Post by Methos »

I sold James the game. We had it operating last year so it's only been sitting for 9 months or so. We tested the game before he took it, but with pinball as it is, crap happens.

James - did you put the game back to the 5 ball setting? I know we changed that before you took it. Also those three connectors in the back, make sure they are all on correctly. Try to take them out and put them back in again. See if that changes anything.

If you can't get it working, bring it back and I'll take it back.
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

It was working okay when purchased. I played it throughout the day and slowly things started acting weird. At first you could get about 10 games in before the score reel would cycle. I would power it off and after a few tries it would work again. The more it happened the easier it was for it to lock up. Until one time it just never went away.

I purchased this one to play and I was going to pick up another in 2 weeks to be my project one, but I guess I have 2 projects now. :) Just seems like when I get one fixed, something else to go wrong with it. I'm not positive how long it has been sitting before I bought it.
Last edited by Sandman on Mon May 23, 2016 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

It's alright Mark. I will figure it out eventually. It's all learning. Maybe when I get the Far Out that will be a simple fix and then I can use that for my play one while I work on this one.
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Well after a whole afternoon of tinkering I think I have it figured out.

:)

On the backboard there is an AX switch. The relay isn't pulling back all the way. I poked it with a stick (AX) and it stopped cycling. I was able to play a round with 3 ball. Some reason on 5 ball I don't get 5, only 4. But I prefer the 3 anyways. But then I came across some crazy scores. A 500 would give me about 7,000 points.

I'm glad I have it mainly figured out. I just have to see about these scores now.

Thanks everyone.
Last edited by Sandman on Tue May 24, 2016 11:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Sandman wrote:I poked it with a stick
Awesome! 8-)
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
cad-kid

Post by cad-kid »

Great to hear you making forward progress 8-)
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Well I thought I was. This ax relay is giving me a very hard time again. Scores haywire and I dont even know about the ball count and roll over switches anymore. At the moment it is a glorified night light.

Don't mind looking at it though. I'll get this beast going eventually. Just been taking everything slow and easy. Might finally take a day off from it tomorrow. My mind is overloaded.

:)
Sandman

Re: Team One Possible Score Reel Issues *Update*

Post by Sandman »

I think I got it all working... except one thing... :shock:

The 1-6 rollovers don't reset after a new game. I must turn it off and back on for it to work.

I am glad it's up and running okay again.

Thanks everyone for your help. I think I spent like 5 hours watching videos about AX relays. Finally time to play it.
cad-kid

Post by cad-kid »

Nice work! The 1-6 lights are controlled by the group of relays under the playfield at the back. Check the wires on the solenoid on the side that resets them.
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

cad-kid wrote:Check the wires on the solenoid on the side that resets them.

Well they do reset, just not by the door button. But I will when I get home and let you know what I find out.
Methos

Post by Methos »

Look at the bright side, you are learning how to fix EM's. No joke - we all have learned by working on some of our first machines. Mine was a Funhouse- it got me up to speed real quick.
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

I think I know a lot about how this machine works now. I am still planning on picking up the Far Out machine next weekend if that is okay with you.
Methos

Post by Methos »

Sandman wrote:I think I know a lot about how this machine works now. I am still planning on picking up the Far Out machine next weekend if that is okay with you.
Got it waiting for you. Just text me.