WTB: Iron Maiden Pro

Post by TMFish »

Looking for one...

Tim
TMFish

Re: WTB: Iron Maiden Pro

Post by TMFish »

Still looking.

It's been awhile since I bought NIB. What are street prices for a Stern pro these days? I was quoted $5300 picked up. Any recommendations on who to call for better pricing?

Thanks.
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

$5300 is a good NIB price. I thought street price was usually closer to $5600 delivered? Do you know if the distributor you contacted has JP2 for that price? I was planning to wait and get a MGC show game or IFPA rewards game but those prices aren't really that much better than $5300 and then they won't be available for a while... Although I suppose it's not a bad idea to wait a bit and see if the playfield clearcoat issues get sorted out first.
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Stranger Things Pro, Godzilla Pro, Pulp Fiction, GNRLE, Doctor Who, Eight Ball, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

MikeS wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:40 pm Although I suppose it's not a bad idea to wait a bit and see if the playfield clearcoat issues get sorted out first.
honestly, if I was buying for home at this point, I would wait it out.

Clearcoat issues have been pretty bad and no signs of improvement. I sure hope they get something figured out besides adding washers below posts to make it even worse.

Granted out JP2 is only very minor compared to some and nothing like what happened on Beatles.

Seems to be the luck of the draw on what you get with NIB these days.

Tim > That price seems normal currently.

Call KingPin and see what he can do for you. Since sales tax happens no matter where you buy, might as well buy local IMHO.
He also has best service by far!
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

Hilton wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:13 am
MikeS wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:40 pm Although I suppose it's not a bad idea to wait a bit and see if the playfield clearcoat issues get sorted out first.

Call KingPin and see what he can do for you. Since sales tax happens no matter where you buy, might as well buy local IMHO.
I'll wait it out and hope that quality control improves on the new playfields. It's not like I'm able to play much pinball this time of year anyway. I know by late Winter/Spring I'll be ready though. If Distributor prices have come down to the $5300 range for NIB I may go that route vs. a show game as the price difference is negligible and it's less hassle. When I called around last year (Spring 2018) on Maiden it seemed like all the dealers were price fixed above $5600 but maybe they have eased up on their pricing floor since then? I know at least one dealer told me over the phone that if he sold it for cheaper and if Stern found out he could lose his distributorship. Who knows if that's really true though.. These days with all of the QC problems, Stern's probably just happy to get any sales they can get.

I definitely agree that KingPin has the best service and I would reach out to him to see if he can help you out!
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Stranger Things Pro, Godzilla Pro, Pulp Fiction, GNRLE, Doctor Who, Eight Ball, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Hilton wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:13 am

Clearcoat issues have been pretty bad and no signs of improvement. I sure hope they get something figured out besides adding washers below posts to make it even worse.

Granted out JP2 is only very minor compared to some and nothing like what happened on Beatles.

Seems to be the luck of the draw on what you get with NIB these days.

Tim > That price seems normal currently.

I got a JP2 and the clear/art work is starting to tear by one of the slingshot post. This was right out of the box (no plays). I agree with Hilton you are probably better off waiting until the clear issues resolve.