WTB: Spinner ripper or target shooter

Buy, Sell, and Trade Pinball Machines and Parts
reldnips

WTB: Spinner ripper or target shooter

Post by reldnips »

Vague title, right? Morgan is loving the Joker Poker I got last year. So really, looking for a good condition game for my 12 year old. Styles I know she loves: Target Alpha, Eight Ball Champ, Supersonic. Probably another hundred machines too that go that way. Budget up to 2k. Anything I want, no matter how badly, subject to her approval in this case :)
Harlem Globetrotters, Blackout, Joker Poker
ralphwiggum

Re: WTB: Spinner ripper or target shooter

Post by ralphwiggum »

Man, I really miss that Joker Poker.... Great shooter's game. My 10 year old's favorite game is Sinbad. It's a great game. Easy to understand, hard to throw up a giant score. The double flippers on each side don't allow for trapping. Spinner in the middle if you really want to let it rip. If you don't have any time on a Sinbad, you should see if you can get some time on one.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

Sinbad is awesome.

Flash is a pretty good combination of what you're looking for, and typically pretty cheap. Shoot the targets on the left to light the spinner, and rip away. I also try to hit the spot target on the lower left to light the bumps for 1k before I start on the spinner. It's still my wife's favorite, and one of my go-to games when I just want to play pinball without without thinking too hard.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
reldnips

Post by reldnips »

Much appreciated feedback! Yes, your old Joker Poker is much loved. Told her I'd get some options to look at, Flash sounds like a good possibility, Sinbad too. Thanks for the input
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

I love our Black Hole for the same reason, although ours is definitely not going anywhere soon!
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

you NEED a bally!

rip the spinner, teach her how to tap pass, and the love of Ballybricks :twisted:
reldnips

Post by reldnips »

So, Morgan and I went through about 20 games that we both thought she'd like. Most preferred are: Frontier, Eight Ball Champ, Meteor, Flash, Sinbad, Supersonic, along with a couple that'll for sure land outside my 2k cap (Medusa, Quicksilver). Other similar ones are welcome to be tossed on the pile if you got something you wanna sell that you think hits close to them, more than willing to consider. Ahh, the efforts we put towards keeping the kids involved in hobbies we enjoy :)
QuyN

Post by QuyN »

I agree with Hilton. Nothing better than a classic Bally. There's usually a way to light a spinner for big points then RIP away! Harlem Globetrotters is a great Bally that you can get for not too much. Flash Gordon is always a favorite. You listed Frontier, which are a little be more difficult to come by and will probably be outside your price range.

TNA has a very satisfying spinner shot. Super spinners with a shaker motor is AMAZING! I know that's outside your price range but just had to bring it up because it's so good! :D
Tallon

Post by Tallon »

Gonna throw a couple out I didn't see. I find the spinner on Gorgar to be insanely satisfying as long as you have good flippers on the game. brand new flipper mechs and well setup game and it rips that spinner for what seems like a week. Another one I didn't see that Hilton owns and should have thrown up there was Bally Viking. game has some great shots and that spinner sitting front and center just begs to be hammered
JohnH

Post by JohnH »

Consider a Blackout. Five standups, six drops and three spinners.
Players: Blast Off, Space Mission, Skateball, Whirlwind, Viking
Projects: Joker Poker
reldnips

Post by reldnips »

Hadn't seen Blackout before, that looks very cool!