UP NORTH tournament?

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
jpolfer

UP NORTH tournament?

Post by jpolfer »

Hey, anyone on here know anything about the UP NORTH tournament in Madison on the IFPA site?
tullster

Re: UP NORTH tournament?

Post by tullster »

I know nothing and the 3 local pinball guys I just contacted who aren't internet chat regulars know little. Word is that there's some guys who hang out at the Up North after work playing Pinball, so it must be one/some of them running it?

It's on Tuesday the 17th starting at 5:30, and they have X-Men & BBH. I'll try to stop by if I'm in the area to check it out.

Also, word on the street is that The Avengers at the Crystal Corner Bar is getting a lot of play!
Ken

Post by Ken »

tullster wrote:I know nothing and the 3 local pinball guys I just contacted who aren't internet chat regulars know little. Word is that there's some guys who hang out at the Up North after work playing Pinball, so it must be one/some of them running it?

It's on Tuesday the 17th starting at 5:30, and they have X-Men & BBH. I'll try to stop by if I'm in the area to check it out.

Also, word on the street is that The Avengers at the Crystal Corner Bar is getting a lot of play!

I love how we have a man "on the street"!! You are the best Tully!
jpolfer

Post by jpolfer »

Yeah, I emailed them a couple of times and they didn't respond with any names. I'd go, but I'm busy that Tuesday and getting to Madison by 5:30 would require me taking time off.
tullster

Post by tullster »

I love how we have a man "on the street"!! You are the best Tully!
Yup, I'm dating myself, but I've got a few pinball buddies that are still stuck in the 80's! Don't bother e-mailing them... the best way to contact 'em is by going down to Happy Hour!!
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

Nice! So this is an IFPA event at our very own Up North? Good stuff, I'll try to make it. Hopefully we can get some more things like this going on in the area!
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
Ken

Post by Ken »

I'm registered Dave. Hope to see you there!
Hoopjohn

Post by Hoopjohn »

Drat! I saw Up North in the post and figured it might have been something in my vicinity (Eagle River).
Current collection. Police Force, Terminator 2, Bride of Pinbot, Metallica Pro, United "Bowling Alley" ball bowler, United "Coronado" Ball Bowler
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

I sent an email to register. I've also added a thread to the Upcoming Events section. Here's the page for the tourney, I'm hoping more of these spring up in our area!

https://sites.google.com/site/madtownpinball/
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
tullster

Post by tullster »

So did anybody go to the Tourney? How'd it go? Inquiring minds want to know!!
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

tullster wrote:So did anybody go to the Tourney? How'd it go? Inquiring minds want to know!!
Pretty fun. Like a regular old night of playing pins with some guys like back int the day when pins used to be in every bar in town...

Only a couple people in attendance. I of course took dead last :D