Need a recommendation for an EM technician

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
BEK1966

Need a recommendation for an EM technician

Post by BEK1966 »

Hi Guys,
I am looking for a referral to someone that does EM repair work. I have two machines in need of repair.

The first is a 1957 United Bowling Alley. It’s a 14’ ball bowler. It is in good condition and worked flawlessly until recently when it stopped resetting the pins.

The second is a Gottlieb Fast Draw that has what seems to be a more significant problem. The game will not start up – it lights up and stays in “Game Over” with the Tilt light lit.

I’m not mechanically inclined and am not looking for suggestions on how to repair it myself. I’d prefer to have a technician come to the house and take a look at both machines. I am located in SE Wisconsin near Kenosha. Please let me know if you have a recommendation of someone.

Thanks,
Brad
Collection
Williams - Beat The Clock
Williams - 8 Ball (66)
Gottlieb - Fast Draw
United - Bowling Alley
United - Star Slugger
Hoopjohn

Re: Need a recommendation for an EM technician

Post by Hoopjohn »

There are 2 guys in the area that I think do service calls. The first is Rich Conte who lives in Cudahy. Very knowledgeable on ball bowlers and has a spare parts business. 414 763 7604
The second is Paul Reno who operates Home Game Room Supply out of Caledonia 262 835 2892
Paul does professional pinball/game restoration.
Current collection. Police Force, Terminator 2, Bride of Pinbot, Metallica Pro, United "Bowling Alley" ball bowler, United "Coronado" Ball Bowler
BEK1966

Post by BEK1966 »

Thanks for the information! I'll give Rich and Paul a call.

Regards,
Brad
Collection
Williams - 8 Ball (66)
Gottlieb - Fast Draw
United - Bowling Alley
United - Star Slugger
Foo

Post by Foo »

BEK1966

Post by BEK1966 »

Just a follow up on the bowler. Rich Conti came out this morning and made quick work of getting it repaired. Super nice guy, came when he said he would and charged a very fair amount for the parts and time spent. Thanks for the referral Hoopjohn!

Regards,
Brad
Collection
Williams - 8 Ball (66)
Gottlieb - Fast Draw
United - Bowling Alley
United - Star Slugger
BEK1966

Post by BEK1966 »

I finally got around getting my Gottlieb Fast Draw in to Paul Reno at Home Game Room Supply and wanted to post a follow up. As Foo stated in his post - Paul's the guy! Actually, it should be Paul's THE guy.

Paul did a fantastic job going through my Fast Draw and bringing it back to life - it plays fantastic now. Not only that, he was able to get it back to me in less time than he said he would and for less money than his estimate.

Thanks for the great referral guys!
Brad
Collection
Williams - 8 Ball (66)
Gottlieb - Fast Draw
United - Bowling Alley
United - Star Slugger