Parts/mods for CFTBL

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
Tmac

Parts/mods for CFTBL

Post by Tmac »

I introduce myself but I know most of you yahoos. Been hosting the Waun-a-Pinball tournament for a few years now(thanks for coming!) but just became an owner. If you have not heard I scored a CFTBL in May. (Thanks to Mike. I owe you one!) I am looking for parts/mods. One part I do need is plastic for the KISS lane, the (R) plastic to be exact. (Little Shop of Games) Of course I be looking for a KISS ball deflector. (Pinbits) I guess I played it too much and broke the plastic! I also would like a deluxe speaker mod. I have seen one on Mad Amusements. I have heard (pinside) they take awhile to ship. AWHILE! There is a pinsider that makes them and will be making them availble soon again. What other sites do you trust for parts/mods? Jury still out on LED's on the pin but would like to put an Ultraviolet LED strip to light up the backboard decal. Visualize, you can do it. I figure if I do Ultraviolet LED strip, I have to LED most of the pin. Of course I need to tweak the bowl and some other plastics and ramps could be replace. The hologram is nice on my Creech but looking at Pinball Mike's mod. Right now the hologram does not move. I hear the motor but nothing. When I purchase the Creech it worked. I also could use a Translite, don't ask. Topper, I have a few ideas but I will present that later. I trust you guys and respect your input. I don't believe I said I trust and respect you guys! :D

Tmac (Todd)
ralphwiggum

Re: Parts/mods for CFTBL

Post by ralphwiggum »

Hey Todd... You picked a great game to start your collection with. Creech is a classic, I played the hell out of one in college for four years straight in the Student Union.....

As far as Mad-Amusements goes, the longest I have ever waited on something is about 2 hours :shock: ....Mike has always been one of the best and fastest sellers I have ever dealt with. Terry at Pinball Life is great, but I ordered parts from both guys at the same time, and actually got my stuff from Mad before I got them from Pinball Life.

There are a lot of cool cosmetic mods out there for Creech, the game just lends itself to cosmetic artistic creativity, but the one mechanical mod I would suggest would be the reed switch for the creature bowl. This allows the ball to spin around the bowl a lot more fluidly as it no longer hits the standard switch it comes with.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
Tmac

Re: Parts/mods for CFTBL

Post by Tmac »

Thanks for the info. I have been following a post on the reed switch. Another thing to put on my list!