What is a NOS WCS pf worth?

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
Hilton

What is a NOS WCS pf worth?

Post by Hilton »

Just curious on what you guys think?

I am picking one up later this week and magically enough another just showed up on ebay with an opening bid of $500 and 4 days left.

I wondered what you guys think is a fair price.

I did not want to skew your opinions by putting a hard number out there of what I am paying.

thanks in advance for your input.
ralphwiggum

Re: What is a NOS WCS pf worth?

Post by ralphwiggum »

Whatever you are willing to pay.... 8-)

I usually use a percentage of the machines overall value to determine playfield value. Usually 30-40% of the machines value is where I place the value of an unblemished NOS playfield...I know 30-40% may seem high to some people, but the playfield is the single most important thing cosmetically (if you are picky) as you see it all the time.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

looks like I am overpaying... lol

Really wish the ebay one was ending one day earlier so I could see what it does and hopefully feel a bit better about my purchase.
Methos

Post by Methos »

Tim,

That's an interesting way to look at it. What amazes me is you can take a desired game, like Centaur - throw a 1K pf in it and it increases in value by double that amount. I might exaggerating a bit, but at least it seems that way to me on a few games.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Methos wrote:Tim,

That's an interesting way to look at it. What amazes me is you can take a desired game, like Centaur - throw a 1K pf in it and it increases in value by double that amount. I might exaggerating a bit, but at least it seems that way to me on a few games.
That is because there aren't a ton of Centaurs out there with nice original playfields. Same goes with pretty much any title that the original playfield is in rough condition (Space Shuttle/Funhouse for example).... There are plenty of newer/modern games with nice playfields out there (WCS included), so people are usually more willing to wait to find one with a nice PF rather than going through the process of doing a playfield swap.
Current Collection
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Looks like if I am a seller a NOS WCS playfield is worth- $502.48 (after fees)....

Like I said previously, 30-40% of machine value is a pretty good rule of thumb for NOS playfields....(at least what I have seen the last 10 years or so)..... That number used to be closer to 20-25%, but as playfields started to go into machines, the supply has started to dwindle.
Current Collection
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

yup, i overpaid ;( :oops:

I had agreed to the price before seeing the one pop up on ebay. I am a man of my word so I stuck to it and bought it for $700. A little high, but no reason to regret it now. I will get it on the wall sometime in the near future and enjoy it as art till I eventually find a good donor WCS.