Shipping Into the Wisconsin Area

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
ralphwiggum

Shipping Into the Wisconsin Area

Post by ralphwiggum »

I am hoping others can share their experiences with shipping games into the state to maybe give some of us the insight as to what service they used , the cost, and their experience with that service.

For myself I have probably had 15-16 games shipped in from other states and have always used whatever was the best price (LTL) and have never used NAVL in-home service.

My latest shipment was 06/27/2013 and that was via Con-Way from Las Vegas to Stoughton. Total cost for 400lbs with insurance covering 5k (important to buy extra insurance on LTL shipments as they typically only cover by the pound) was $301.00. This was pickup at a terminal (all terminals allow me to take off the pallet there and load, they keep the pallet). I used Michele Bianchi to book this and requested OCC (other common carrier). NAVL quote for white glove on this was $459.00.

A couple of other LTL experiences- I have used Freightquote (it is free to setup an account) to use Roadrunner, Pilot Air, Yellow, and Vitran. My experience with those companies was all good, it is mostly in how the machine is packed.

I have also used Pilot Air, but have been told they no longer do direct to customers, you have to have a corporate account.

Typcial dock to dock has been about 175-ish from anywhere in th ecountry with all of these LTL, but that is with a terminal at each end. Add about 50 bucks if the shipper is picking up from a dock/forklift location, and none of these LTLs do home delivery without subbing to a different company for at least $100 in added costs.

For local to local where I havent felt like driving (wisocnin and some of Minnesota), I have used Spee-Dee for a few arcade games, and their prices have been VERY good, it just really depends on how big the game is. The game does not need to be on a pallet for Spee-Dee....
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
jonogo

Re: Shipping Into the Wisconsin Area

Post by jonogo »

Can't forget the JDL (Jonogo Delivery Service) for your Pennant Fever. However the game has yet to arrive.. 8-)
Collection contains...
Pins: nada
arcades: nada
noncommittaldave

Post by noncommittaldave »

Thanks for the info. I've never found anything worth shipping. Lol
Methos

Post by Methos »

Great thread.

Has anyone used the web app called "U-Ship" where LTLs bid on your shipment?
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

I travel quite a bit with one of our 24' box trucks. I generally charge $100 transportation fee if the machine is less than 20 miles round trip off of my route (anything over that is $1 a mile).
I am currently bringing back a dark Knight huo for someone. He found it on Craigslist, it was 4 hours from where I was and the buyer convinced the seller to drive it to me. No effort on my part so no extra costs.

IF you are looking at a machine it never hurts to ask if I will be in the area.

I make frequent runs from the dells area to the following

Minneapolis
Chicago

About every 2-3 months I go to

Dallas
Cincinnati
Kingsport, tn (Knoxville)
Winston-Salem, NC

Christopher
Kingpin Games
608-393-2299
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

[quote="Methos"]Great thread.

Has anyone used the web app called "U-Ship" where LTLs bid on your shipment?[/quote
Never actually successfully used uship.... their prices always seem higher than other carriers....
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
Ran

Post by Ran »

I've used Michelle Bianchi twice.
Both were very good. No issues.
Very quick delivery on the second time.
Game came almost a week after I bought it from a guy just north of NYC.
Current Collection
Hobbit LE | Spider-Man | Mousin’ Around | Counterforce
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

I've used MB. They typically use the Rockford
Terminal as my closest terminal. Never an issue and anything coming from the East coast always comes earlier.

I used u-ship about 7 years ago for something other than pinball. It went fine. I guess it all depends on how it's wrapped and strapped and how many hands it goes through before getting to you

Chris
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
Methos

Post by Methos »

Thanks for the input. I have used NAVL - but they seem to be getting more expensive.