Awwww. Damn It

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
ChrisS

Awwww. Damn It

Post by ChrisS »

Well it finally happened. We sold our house and will be relocating to Missouri at the start of Sept. I’m really bummed I couldn’t have people over for one last blow out but that just isn’t in the cards with the current state of the world.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone on this forum. You all are really some of the best humans I have ever had the pleasure to be around.

I’m really going to miss Ballers. Simply some of the best pinball people to hang with. I’ve been very lucky to have found a group of like minded people that I would consider friends even outside the hobby.

Big thanks to my “brother from another mother” Nobling. He was the first people I reached out to when I wanted to be in the hobby (more than just on the fringes.) He didn’t know me from a hole in the wall and he invited me to his house to check out his games and talk pinball and life. Without Tim there is a huge chance I wouldn’t know most of you. He is also an asshole because I probably wouldn’t be this deep and have an entire basement of machines that had to be torn down.

I’m wrapping up the tear down of machines. Just 1 more to go and then some clean up of toppers and such. This might be the dumbest hobby ever......either that or I’m getting to old to push these beasts around.

I hope everyone is safe and healthy.

Chris
C3A4113E-3DFB-47EB-AB99-062B021F6317.jpeg
B42D613F-F5D2-4470-9A40-A1804E9374C6.jpeg
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
PinJohn

Re: Awwww. Damn It

Post by PinJohn »

Good luck on your move. Hope the new house is easy move in for all those pins. On the plus side maybe you'll see a little less snow in Missouri.
cad-kid

Post by cad-kid »

Happy wife, happy life. Nothing wrong with making your family happy. It's been great seeing your posts - please check in from time to time when you get things setup. I'm glad I made it to one of your pin parties.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

ChrisS wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:56 am He is also an asshole

Can confirm, this story checks out....

Gonna miss you dude, really gotta reshape my kids college funds now, I thought for sure all those singles you donated would get them to an Ivy league of their choosing.

When you get a few free moments away from "Branson Life", be sure to pop in and say hey. I feel like a proud parent seeing my little boy become all grown up and raising a family of his own now.... :oops: :lol:
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
Methos

Post by Methos »

Best of luck to you Chris. Always loved your events, and your collection. Don't forget about us.

:D
epthegeek

Post by epthegeek »

I wonder if the new owners (After touring it when it was all set up when they were checking it out to buy) will end up wanting some pins now.

Gonna leave the 2 in-set PF wall decor things? Or take them with and throw plywood or something in the hole?
Current pile of ridiculously expensive "beep-boop-bing" boxes: Cactus Canyon, Theatre of Magic, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Metallica (Pro), Iron Man, Spider-Man, Scared Stiff, Iron Maiden, Rick & Morty
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

freaking trader. Well at least we can talk crap as he isn't allowed here anymore ;)

I bet anyone who looked at the house was in amazement of the basement and was hoping all the games would be staying ;)
Pinballs - MMr, MBr, TNA, CCr, Multimorphic P3, Metpro, Playball, Sopranos
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

Actually someone touring the house and wrote a letter and sent it via a USPS letter asking if I wanted to sell any.
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

epthegeek wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:29 pm I wonder if the new owners (After touring it when it was all set up when they were checking it out to buy) will end up wanting some pins now.

Gonna leave the 2 in-set PF wall decor things? Or take them with and throw plywood or something in the hole?

Actually the buyers inquired about buying 1 for their grandkids when they come over. I shot them some prices. High end, mid and low. They didn’t have the beans for any of them. I think the thought they would be $400.00

Yeah the wall things stay. I thought about pulling them. I guess I could and then just leave them a piece of painted plywood as a filler.

Would that be a dick move?
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

ralphwiggum wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:29 am
ChrisS wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:56 am He is also an asshole

Can confirm, this story checks out....

Gonna miss you dude, really gotta reshape my kids college funds now, I thought for sure all those singles you donated would get them to an Ivy league of their choosing.

When you get a few free moments away from "Branson Life", be sure to pop in and say hey. I feel like a proud parent seeing my little boy become all grown up and raising a family of his own now.... :oops: :lol:
Oh we will be back to hang at some point once we get settled.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

we lose ChrisS but gain Eric S to the southern region. I call that trading up ;)

gonna miss you dude! Have fun in MO!
Eric_S

Post by Eric_S »

Bummer to hear that you're leaving, Chris. Good luck with the move. As someone who has done a couple of large pinball machine moves, it sucks. I hope the move goes well and you find a nice place in MO.
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

Dang. I heard about that a while ago, but was hoping maybe I was misinformed.

I was trying to decide on a ACDC premium way back. There wasn't much in the way of location pinball at the time, and if there was, no way it was going to be a premium. I reached out to some random guy on pinside with an LE in the area. My wife thought I was nuts... are you really going to ask some stranger to go to his house and play his pinball machine? Yeah, most pinball guys are pretty cool, I told her. Six years later my basement floods and my dog dies. Coincidence? I'll let you decide.

Best of luck, Chris! Hopefully we'll catch you at some of the area shows when that's a thing again. You should probably go wake Ken before the new owners show up.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
epthegeek

Post by epthegeek »

DeaconBlooze wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:25 pm You should probably go wake Ken before the new owners show up.
Actually laughed out loud at that one. Well played. 10/10.
Current pile of ridiculously expensive "beep-boop-bing" boxes: Cactus Canyon, Theatre of Magic, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Metallica (Pro), Iron Man, Spider-Man, Scared Stiff, Iron Maiden, Rick & Morty
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Congrats on the new place, Chris! Bummer that WI is going to be losing one of the good guys, but you're always welcome to come back. :) I remember the first time coming over to your place pretty clearly. It was one of the weekend pinball parties, and you didn't know me at ALL but simply said "Just come on in and make yourself at home - seriously". I did feel a little weird going into a strangers house, but walked in and knew a bunch of folks already there but had to go introduce myself to you and you just welcomed me - and I had a great time of course! It's been a pleasure hanging with you on occasion and playing your always stellar collection. Enjoy MO and hope you can make it to MGC once that's a thing again. Stay well.

- Sean
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem