Awwww. Damn It

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
tullster

Re: Awwww. Damn It

Post by tullster »

Crap! I had a hunch this would happen when you mentioned it some time ago.
Not much I can say that hasn’t been said. I always enjoyed your events, and it was one of the few where Devin felt welcome and actually wanted to come along. The Pinball, company & food was always top notch.
Thanks for the great times and sharing your incredible collection with us Chris! Stay in touch, keep Nobling on his toes and see ya soon!

Best of luck to you and your family!
Tully
Last edited by tullster on Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Wow, congrats on the new place, Chris! It's a bummer for all of us, of course, and I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to send you off, but I hope the move goes smoothly for you, and you find some pinball people way cooler than Nobling in Missouri.

We were getting into pinball only a few years ago... we'd only been to MGC and had played a few games on route. Garrett told me "hey, you should come to this Ballers night at Chris' house, you'll have fun." I expected to find a few pins and a bunch of anti-social, super-serious pinball nerds suspicious of the new guy. I was blown away at the palace you'd constructed in your basement, and how welcoming you and everyone else in Ballers was to a new guy. That night my plans went from "maybe I'll have one pin" to "I think I can fit eight".

You'll be missed, Chris! I can play pinball anytime, but hanging out with you guys is where the fun is.

Make sure to drop a line here if you can make it to MGC, so we can make fun of the new accent you're about to acquire. ;)

Oh, and if you don't have enough room on the truck for that Bad Cats.... :D
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

What a strange reality. :shock:
7F03B235-26F1-48F7-A145-185C29E69C1B.jpeg
00789070-1404-4290-931C-F85A70ECB78B.jpeg
EBACE548-D240-4C87-A900-FAD2B12CF0F4.jpeg
ECE50C6E-063E-41E1-9EDD-E80911773E7C.jpeg
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

u2sean wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:03 pm I remember the first time coming over to your place pretty clearly. It was one of the weekend pinball parties, and you didn't know me at ALL but simply said "Just come on in and make yourself at home - seriously". I did feel a little weird going into a strangers house, but walked in and knew a bunch of folks already there but had to go introduce myself to you and you just welcomed me - and I had a great time of course!
- Sean
I remember the first time Martell came over. He started bouncing machine together. I was like.....WOW it’s going to be that kind of party. Then Nobling started dropping DIKs on machines and I really knew what kind of party it was.

It was always a pleasure having you at the house Sean.

Chris
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

Chris K wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:50 am I hope the move goes smoothly for you, and you find some pinball people way cooler than Nobling in Missouri.

That won’t be hard
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

Chris K wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:50 am I expected to find a few pins and a bunch of anti-social, super-serious pinball nerds suspicious of the new guy
Don’t worry. We waited till you left and then talked about you and made fun of you.........we aren’t assholes after all. :lol:
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

tullster wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:44 am I always enjoyed your events, and it was one of the few where Devin felt welcome and actually wanted to come along. The Pinball, company & food was always top notch.
I’m really glad he felt welcome. Most of that has to do with the entire group. He was no longer welcome when he started winning. 😆🤪
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Just cause I misunderstood what “leaving a DIK on the table” meant? :D
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

Well the pins are now officially residences of MO. :cry:
1DF6AFDB-6D18-4961-B2CC-0A254DDA8F5E.jpeg
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

Chris K wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:02 pm Just cause I misunderstood what “leaving a DIK on the table” meant? :D
Ha exactly. It’s the test Nobling uses to see if you can hang or not. :evil:
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

ChrisS wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:05 pm
hang or not. :evil:
Phrasing......
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

ChrisS wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:43 pm What a strange reality. :shock:

7F03B235-26F1-48F7-A145-185C29E69C1B.jpeg00789070-1404-4290-931C-F85A70ECB78B.jpegEBACE548-D240-4C87-A900-FAD2B12CF0F4.jpegECE50C6E-063E-41E1-9EDD-E80911773E7C.jpeg
That tiny arcade machine makes the room look huge.....
Current Collection
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

ChrisS wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:52 pm
Chris K wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:50 am I hope the move goes smoothly for you, and you find some pinball people way cooler than Nobling in Missouri.

That won’t be hard
No lie there... I have spent more money on Dance moves in Fortnite than pinball in the last 6 months.
Current Collection
jasonm

Post by jasonm »

ralphwiggum wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:20 pm
ChrisS wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:52 pm

That won’t be hard
No lie there... I have spent more money on Dance moves in Fortnite than pinball in the last 6 months.
I can attest to this, I've had to watch all those stupid dance moves.

I don't know what's worse: Tim buying all the dance move or me continuing to play and watch them.
tullster

Post by tullster »

You guys are scarin' me... Fortnite's fu#kin' evil. I could also buy a nice pinball with all the $$ I've spent making a certain teenager happy with stupid dance moves, "rare" skins and upgrades!!

But I digress. Those pictures of that empty former awesome space are kind of depressing. But at least we have some really great memories and an 8 1/2 hour road trip to play Heavy Metal Meltdown might not be such a crazy idea... As long as there's a great wing joint nearby!!