So..., tell me about the Madison area

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
Eric_S

Re: So..., tell me about the Madison area

Post by Eric_S »

I'm going to put a few games up for sale and I'll get pictures in the next day or so, but if you're interested, send me a PM.

Time Fantasy - $2200
Creature From the Black Lagoon (tons of new parts - new ramps, ColorDMD, LEDs) - $6300 (if you don't want the Color DMD, deduct $400 from price)
Wallmount 100 CD Jukebox including a pair of Sony speakers (no CDs included) - $800

thanks,
Eric
CftBL

Post by CftBL »

Hey Eric,

I know 've already said it, but welcome to Madison!

I live on the East Side, just off of Cottage Grove Road (for 15 years now). You will like the MG school district, I have some other bits of advice (ab out the school) to pass along when we can talk some time. But you'll be happy with the quality of education. The Drive downtown will not be too bad. From my house to the Capital Square is about 14 minutes and it takes me about 9 minutes to get to my vet in Cottage Grove (Deer Grove Vet Clinic) - We've done a lot of shopping around for vets and have been really happy with them.

The 1855 is ok, but the fish fry at the Black Bear is better. The Outpost is "meh" at best.

Cheers!

Mike
Creature from the Black Lagoon, Twilight Zone, Star Wars Premium, Hobbit
Eric_S

Post by Eric_S »

Thanks, Mike. I'm sure I'll be asking about good vets, doctors, dentists, etc. We close on the new house in 3 weeks and are giving ourselves a couple of weeks to clean and get the house ready for move in. I've got a U-haul reserved for July 11 to move the pins and just hiring a moving company for everything else.
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

Welcome, Eric! It looks like everyone else has given some great advice on the area already. I think CG is great. It's small, and has a few decent restaurant options, and Sun Prairie/Monona/Madison are all just short trips to expand upon that. Chicken Licks is technically in SP, but pretty darn close to CG. It's a bit of a unique place.. but the wings can't be beat. To give a frame of reference, someone once posted a review calling the bathrooms disgusting, and they replied with "fuck you" (seriously). I doubt they lost a single customer.

I look forward to seeing you around once things get back to normal. We have a pretty regular group that attends the monthly pooley's tournament.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
Eric_S

Post by Eric_S »

Hey Everyone,

I thought I would resurrect this thread as pinball moving day will be Saturday, July 11. If anyone in the Madison area has some availability in the afternoon on July 11 to help move in and set up some pins, I'd welcome the help. The new house has garage-access to the basement, so I think it won't be too bade moving in games.

thanks,
Eric
Ken

Post by Ken »

DAmn! Gotta work that day! :(
CftBL

Post by CftBL »

Dang.
We’re in door county through Sunday other I’d be there to help
Creature from the Black Lagoon, Twilight Zone, Star Wars Premium, Hobbit
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Looks like I'm going to be out of town that weekend - sorry I won't be able to help you move the machines in, Eric. :(

- Sean
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
tullster

Post by tullster »

I’ve got to work until maybe 4, but will stop over when I’m done to help.
jasonm

Post by jasonm »

I don't have anything going on, and not far from CG. I can plan to be there to help out.
Eric_S

Post by Eric_S »

Thanks, guys. I appreciate your help. I'll reach out to you with specifics when the date gets closer, but I'm hoping to load up in the morning in Neenah and be to Cottage Grove around noon or 1 PM.
Ken

Post by Ken »

jasonm wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:58 am I don't have anything going on, and not far from CG. I can plan to be there to help out.
Since when are you out by us??? Where you at?
jasonm

Post by jasonm »

Ken wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:47 am
jasonm wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:58 am I don't have anything going on, and not far from CG. I can plan to be there to help out.
Since when are you out by us??? Where you at?
It's all relative? Lol. I'm in Mukwonago. Far enough west and close to 94 that the east side of Madison is a quick drive.
Eric_S

Post by Eric_S »

Big thanks to everyone that helped out moving pins last Saturday. We moved the rest of our stuff yesterday and are settling in to the new house in Cottage Grove. Hopefully things start getting back to normal at some point and we can start doing more regular pinball gatherings.

Eric
Eric_S

Post by Eric_S »

I wanted to share some pictures of the the gameroom now that I have it mostly setup. Again, a huge thanks to all the guys that helped me move the pins. When covid gets under control, I'll have a pinball party.
Attachments
20200803_185450.jpg
20200803_185440.jpg
20200803_185250.jpg
20200803_185235.jpg
20200803_185227.jpg
20200803_185223.jpg
20200803_185214.jpg
20200803_185147.jpg
20200803_185201.jpg