Madison Pinball Eastside location: Pooley's

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
rdexter

Re: New Location in Madison! need your feedback pls

Post by rdexter »

Hilton - this is awesome. Thanks for being so passionate about this!
Methos

Post by Methos »

I like Thursdays.

;)
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

I will shoot for Thursdays as best and Wednesday as second best. I have a feeling the bar gets decent business on Thursdays already? so they may prefer a different night.

I will keep yall posted.
Tmac

Post by Tmac »

I really hope I can make this! I didn't commit to the Madison league on Saturday cuz I work Saturdays pretty much September-April and didn't want to miss a bunch. Plus I didn't want to dominate and have you guys dislike me. ;) I like Wednesday/Thursday as a choice with a 6:32ish-7:02ish start. We all know we don't start on time. A midweek event breaks up a week. A 6:32ish-7:02ish start gives people time to get home from work, do errands, relax and travel to site. Hopefully show up early to eat/drink. wink-wink. The topic of Sponsors. The location, Bar, I would approach. They do business with MULTIPLE DISTRIBUTORS. It be real easy for "Jack Daniels, Bud, Miller, PBR" to sponsor the event. I just gave you examples of four distributors in Madison alone. Beer/Liquor Distributors have a budget hit them up, they have the $$$. They better I send them big checks every other week! If you need help with sponsors I be glad to help shake people down :twisted:

oh and don't let Monday Night Football scare you away from picking Monday. I think the most the Packers can play on Monday is 3. :D Sorry Hilton
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

The night of the week will be WEDNESDAY. It was either that or Monday and Monday os bad for many reasons it seems.

Hopefully those of you with other plans will be able to find subs (bowling/volleyball) that one week of the month.

The only thing left to see is do people have a desire for the 2nd or 3rd Wednesday of the month? Please let me know!!! I have not real preference and both seem to avoid holidays or other stuff...
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Monthly will officially be the 2nd Wednesday of each month starting in April.

http://www.madisonpinball.com/#!madison-pinball/cx7v

For some reason I can no longer update/add to the WI calendar...

2014 Monthly competition dates:

Wednesday April 9th

Wednesday May 14th

Wednesday June 11th

Wednesday July 9th

Wednesday Aug 13th

Wednesday Sept 10th

Wednesday Oct 8th

Wednesday Nov 12th

Wednesday Dec 10th
Ken

Post by Ken »

Excellent! I will be able to make the first few. Can you find out Pooley's policy on minors please? I know WI law says minors are allowed (even to drink alcohol) but the establishment always has the final word. Conrats on getting this going. I think this could grow to be quite big. Are you submitting this to the IFPA calendar?
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Ken wrote:Excellent! I will be able to make the first few. Can you find out Pooley's policy on minors please? I know WI law says minors are allowed (even to drink alcohol) but the establishment always has the final word. Conrats on getting this going. I think this could grow to be quite big. Are you submitting this to the IFPA calendar?
Already submitted to IFPA. Pooley's has no problem with kids and there are plenty of kids there every time I go.
Ken

Post by Ken »

How's your pro doing with sponsors? Should be easy with all this media coverage to point to.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Ken wrote:How's your pro doing with sponsors? Should be easy with all this media coverage to point to.
As far as I can tell, Flanker is doing an amazing job of getting some great sponsorship for MRP2014. I do not want to overcommit, but he has some pretty cool things happening and I am very thankful that he has taken it on to help make the event better this year.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Update > due to the Badgers birth in the NCAA final 4, machines have been delayed 1 week from going out to Pooley's.

Bummer, but it at least means an additional week for final tweaks on games to make sure they are running smooth.
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

will there still be the tournament on 4/9?
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Yes!

Monthly event will start as planned this month on April 9th!

PLEASE come out and show your support. I would love to show Pooley's why pinball deserves the dedicated space at their establishment.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Alec and I will be there. Probably talk a coworker into coming too!
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Thanks Ken!