Madison Pinball Eastside location: Pooley's

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
Ken

Re: New Location in Madison! need your feedback pls

Post by Ken »

Mark: That is true. The wife really liked FH. And of course I'll pay Rudy back the next time I go. Thanks for putting it up there. It played well, I didn't.

G#: Sorry we missed you too. Saw a pic from Uptowner on Facebook that looked like it had you in it. Did you make it down to the last tourney?
BigDaddyBanjo

Post by BigDaddyBanjo »

Yeah I was there. Fun tourney! Will try to get to more of them this summer when I can.
Home Collection : FT, JD,Paragon, POTO, GB, WCS, TWD, WPT, SMVE, BK, HS, Gorgar and Bank Shot.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

IFPA has set aside another charity event possibility where one location can run a second event and not impact their regular event. I was thinking of running a full point value charity event some saturday in July in order to both help promote the new location and of course raise some funds for charity... Always a good thing.

Thoughts? Maybe my bday weekend, july 12?

Probably 20 bucks to enter so we can get a few trophies but the majority goes to the charity and then just coin drop to play the games? Standard pump and dump format?

I would need to discuss with the bar. Maybe also bring in an extra game or 2 just for the day?
Tmac

Post by Tmac »

Love the idea! Then I can just give you a roll of quarters for your birthday!!
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Tmac wrote:Love the idea! Then I can just give you a roll of quarters for your birthday!!
Lol. Trust me, not much goes in my pocket and I have quickly realized that pins on location is more headache than it is likely worth... I am committed to 1 year with the bar, but have spent way more after work evening attending to issues than i thought would be needed. It has been fun but i often question my sanity. I am hoping eventually the pins will get the kinks worked out and the bar staff will get better at reporting issues rather than just letting people turn off games which then sit not being played. We have some jokester that thinks he is funny and apparently turning off fully functioning games. Not sure what his motivation is...
noncommittaldave

Post by noncommittaldave »

Hilton wrote:
Tmac wrote:Love the idea! Then I can just give you a roll of quarters for your birthday!!
We have some jokester that thinks he is funny and apparently turning off fully functioning games. Not sure what his motivation is...
Is it different games each time? I turned SS off the other day but i also texted you to report it was down.
Ken

Post by Ken »

noncommittaldave wrote:
Hilton wrote:
We have some jokester that thinks he is funny and apparently turning off fully functioning games. Not sure what his motivation is...
Is it different games each time? I turned SS off the other day but i also texted you to report it was down.

I think he's referring to the fact that SS and TAF were off when Tim and I arrived. we found out why SS was off but not TAF.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

SS and TAF turned off the other day without any reports coming in. SS there was a ball kick out issue which Dave M reported after turning it back on and then back off when seeing there was an issue (thanks Dave) > has since been fixed.

TAF > no idea why the game was off. I came in and played 5 games with no issues.

The previous week I got a text because FH and TAF were turned off with no reports coming in. Turned them on and played fine.

Basically 2 weeks in a row with games turned off and no reports coming in.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

I put a new board in TAF today so I could bring the original board home and check it out.

Please let me know if you experience any resets or issues. The new board is a rottendog that was recently made so hopefully rock solid...
noncommittaldave

Post by noncommittaldave »

Hilton wrote:I put a new board in TAF today so I could bring the original board home and check it out.

Please let me know if you experience any resets or issues. The new board is a rottendog that was recently made so hopefully rock solid...

Did somebody tell you it was resetting? I know it did that once at your home but that was before you restored it.

Maybe pooleys should let you put in a security camera in that area. :?:
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

It reset once at last months event at Pooley's but we figured it was just do to line voltage (all games running and multiple multiballs). I went out and reset all connectors and that seemed to take care of it.

I am sure the reset will get worse over time so I figured it is best to be proactive. Hopefully this is the reason that someone kept shutting off the machine. I can understand that as if I were to experience a reset on route I would likely turn off the game also (as well as call the operator and let them know.)
Now I can try to troubleshoot at home which is much easier than on location.

Pooley's already has a few video camera's which is a comfort for security, but hopefully I will never need it :)
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Sounds like all games are playing pretty well right now.

Reminder that next Wednesday (11 June) is the next monthly event.

Hopefully we can get even more people out. I still owe Tim his Pitcher of beer for winning last month (sorry I forgot to hand it out last month).

This month we will draw cards to see which bracket is playing for the Beer prize. The first 2 months it went to the winners bracket.
This month I want to mix it up. Please try to help me remember. Before we start playoffs we will pull a card (1 card for each bracket) and which ever card is pulled gets to play for the beer.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

heading over to practice a little tonight and have a few monday beers. stop on over
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

A few small teaks to the monthly format

"Pooley’s Monthly Pinball Tournament
Held the second Wednesday of every month.
Start time: 6:30pm but come early and warm up. (Must be signed in by 6:25)
Cost: Just the cost to play the games, no entry fee
Prizes: IFPA points for all, Prizes for each month (either random draw or based on finishing position), and End of year prize for most accumulated points during the year (working on an annual trophy now).
Qualifying Format: Play in random 4 packs (so you meet new people and can learn from watching others) 1 time through all available games. This will likely take 60-90 minutes. All scores are recorded and ranked from top to bottom on each game. Combined ranking points on all 4 games used to seed players for playoff.

Playoffs on 1 game to be chosen by top player in each 4 pack. Order of play based on seeding order > go in direct order (qualify 1st and you play first). Four packs are based on direct order of qualifying position >>> 1-4 play together, 5-8 play together, 9-12 play together, 13-16 play together, etc...

First playoff game is all 4 people in the 4-pack with top 2 continuing on. Second game (on the same machine) is top 2 playing off for final positions. If time allows the bottom 2 may compete in a second game for final position (i.e. 3rd or 4th, 7th or 8th, etc). If no time, then bottom 2 of each 4-pack finish based on placement of 1st playoff game.
This playoff structure means you are only able to reshuffle final placement based on the qualifying 4 pack you are in. For example if you are 3rd place in qualifying you will playoff in the 1-4 grouping and you can finish in 1st to 4th place.

This format rewards consistent play on all available games, and requires effort to be placed on qualifying as well as playoffs. This also provides the opportunity for similar skill based competition during playoffs.
For additional details, visit www.madisonpinball.com

Dates:
Apr 9
May 14
June 11
July 9
Aug 13
Sept 10
Oct 8
Nov 12
Dec 10
"
Ken

Post by Ken »

We should have a special guest from Pittsburgh showing up. Looking forward to tomorrow.