Rick and Morty

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
Eric_S

Re: Rick and Morty

Post by Eric_S »

I've had pretty good luck with optos. A lot of my games have optos that are pushing 25+ years with no issues. Microswitches are prone to mechanical failure, bending of the actuator and mechanical fatigue at the tabs where the wires are soldered. As long as optos stay clean, are properly aligned and no over-voltage events on the 12V supply, they are usually good for the long haul.
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

Optos are a great choice. Quicker response time, less "clutter" look, and with no mechanical switch to slow the ball, it makes the game fly.

Looking forward to putting some time in. I have yet to watch a single episode, but I did find the game fun to shoot.
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

I like Optos also. The no reduction in speed is a big plus!

Spooky uses quality optos, so I have zero concern (even on route)

I have been rewatching seasons 1-3 again. So many damn 1 liners that you catch on the 3rd time around.
There are not many shows I watch, let alone 3 times.

This game cant get here quick enough! I finally know what it is like to be excited for a theme and it is glorious!
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Wubba lub dub dub!

The Pinside thread is a drag for sure. So tired of the shouty children.

I'm really excited about the light show. TNA set the bar for pinball lighting, full stop. I can't wait to see what they pull off this time. Just thinking of a mode for Fart with rainbow blinking lights all over the table is enough to make my mind race!

I'm also excited that the game is designed for an arbitrary set of modes (as opposed to a discrete set, ala "Night of the Leapers" et al in Scared Stiff). They aren't locked into a set of modes, so with a bunch of video and audio assets and Eric developing the game, we should see lots of cool, creative modes over the next year or so.

Considering that Scott has done a lot post-launch for TNA, and Eric is developing the game, I'm probably most excited to see what kinds of cool stuff Spooky dreams up for the game over the next year or so. There's so much material in the theme, and design looks really flexible. It's enough to make a guy want to get into game programming himself, just to make the game do cool stuff. :)

I'm beyond excited for the game! Just waiting for that call from Kingpin, now!
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
QuyN

Post by QuyN »

Good note on the optos. I've replaced a few here and there, but never on a game made in the last 20 yrs.

I didn't start watching it until after Spooky announced. I was aware R&M existed but never got around to checking it out. With other shows like Family Guy, American Dad, Bob's Burger etc. that I didn't think were that great, I kind of lumped R&M with that type of show. Boy was I wrong.

We binged all 3 seasons and are caught up on season 4, and now going back to re-watch season 1 again. Man it's so good! I can't remember looking for merch for any other theme or license like we have been for the last couple weeks. Seems like everything we look at or talk about goes back to R&M. Embarrassingly, our 4yr old talks about it all the time, even though he's only seen the trailer for the machine and the quick walk-through that Charlie posted lol. He's constantly asking how long it'll be before we get ours.

KP - you gotta watch. I think your enjoyment of the machine will increase exponentially if you have the show as a backdrop. I would think it's almost mandatory to get full enjoyment out of the game.

I couldn't be happier that it is Spooky that is making this game and the team behind it. TBH, with any other manufacturer, we probably would have passed.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

QuyN wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:33 pm Bob's Burger etc. that I didn't think were that great
Damn... someone is walking on a thin line of being booted from the forum.... :lol:
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Maybe Deeproot have the Bob's Burger license. ;)
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Chris K wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:10 pm Maybe Deeproot have the Bob's Burger license. ;)
Awesome... add that to their long list of games they will never complete.

If Jpop is the lead on it, Bob and Linda will be purple, and the kids will be green.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
QuyN

Post by QuyN »

ralphwiggum wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:44 pm
QuyN wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:33 pm Bob's Burger etc. that I didn't think were that great
Damn... someone is walking on a thin line of being booted from the forum.... :lol:
I'd have to watch it again to give it a fair shake. It was a long time ago and I can't remember what I watched.
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

I heard about it the same time Archer was in heavy rotation, and H Jon Benjamin's voice on a different character blew my mind.
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

ralphwiggum wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:36 pm and the kids will be green.
Teal, specifically. He does have a color palette, doesn't he?
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

So now Spooky is throwing in a free topper With the game, too! They say it’s gameplay-interactive, has flashers and a DC motor.

So long as it isn’t an animated Squanchy I’m cool! :)
QuyN

Post by QuyN »

Man - I hope it's an animated squanchy! Or a Schlaami rubbing and spitting on a plumbus! :lol:
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

I'm hoping for something a little less scarring for the kids, like a pop-up Meeseeks or an animated portal or Fart with little blinky lights or something.

There's sooooo much hilarious stuff that I would love but would be too cringey to have around the kids (or many house guests for that matter!).

We're so psyched for this game! If there's a R&M at MGC it's going to need to be shopped by the end of the weekend. :)
epthegeek

Post by epthegeek »

The topper is essentially the picture Charlie posted; I think. Portal rotates on a motor (controllable on/of by the game), the other pieces will be in different layers for a 3d look to it. And it's got some flashers for lighting effects.
Current pile of ridiculously expensive "beep-boop-bing" boxes: Cactus Canyon, Theatre of Magic, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Metallica (Pro), Iron Man, Spider-Man, Scared Stiff, Iron Maiden, Rick & Morty