Rick and Morty

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
QuyN

Re: Rick and Morty

Post by QuyN »

Chris K wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:09 pm Oh man, you're in for a treat.

It's on one of the Interdimensional Cable episodes, I think in Season 2. You'll know it when you see it!

Some people want a Plumbus shooter rod. I explicitly do not want that.
We saw it last night OMG! lol

Katie had to look away when they were watching the butt hole ice cream parlor! lol

The plumbus NEEDS to be in the game somewhere!
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Yeeeeah! I love the cable shows so much! :D

We'll be having a whole lot of uncomfortable conversations in our house when this pinball table arrives.... I guess the kids gotta grow up sometime. ;)
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

A friend recommended the show to me a long time ago. I started on that s2 cable episode. I thought it was basically another Family Guy, and I've gotten pretty fatigued on the "randomness" joke mechanic. Those are funny episodes now after you get a little bit about what the show's about, but it was the wrong place to start for me.

Only recently I gave the show another shot, this time from the beginning. My timing was impeccable, because just as I was finishing S3, S4 was airing.

It's a really good show. I'm wondering how they'll keep it clever and fresh through 70 more episodes..
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
QuyN

Post by QuyN »

QuyN

Post by QuyN »

223641cd374c6d4bfec72b9f75d21a2a5d4c73e1.jpg
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

So they're sticking with RGB. Hooray!
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

The layout sounds promising. Three flippers, 2 ramps, horseshoe with dual Danesi locks. Teleportation portal subway with a second ball trough. Pop bumper slingshot, Possibly a magnet too. I'm mostly likely in. I don't know if I'll ever see a theme from Spooky that I like as much as R&M (I prefer comedy over horror) and this has got my favorite team working on it. It will likely be another 3 years before Danesi could do another game. I really liked TNA and I have a feeling this will be even better!
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Foo Fighters Pro, Godzilla Pro, GNRLE, Alien Star, Space Invaders, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
Chitownpinball

Post by Chitownpinball »

I keep forgetting about this secret club over here, lol.

My brother in law is fully in. I joined fang club to help him get a spot. He wants it fully loaded.

Any one who can help at all is appreciated. When is the actual reveal? They said they start taking orders then right?

Dan
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Reveal is waiting on Cartoon Network's OK. The date/time is unknown.

They say they'll start taking orders sometime after the reveal, but the amount of time between reveal and orders opening has not been disclosed. Could be five minutes later, could be a week... we don't know yet.

So... keep pounding refresh if you're buying direct! You might also contact Kingpin and ask him if he has a slot left so you don't have to snipe the Internet.
Chitownpinball

Post by Chitownpinball »

Do you really think it will be that hard to order direct if we get a 2 week head start on orders?
epthegeek

Post by epthegeek »

See if Kingpin has any spots left if you want to be sure of getting a game. He can get your order in during the 2 week fang club period if you're a member. Then you don't have any worry, because if Chris says he still has a spot, he's got a spot. The distributors get a set allotment, so they know how many they can sell.
Current pile of ridiculously expensive "beep-boop-bing" boxes: Cactus Canyon, Theatre of Magic, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Metallica (Pro), Iron Man, Spider-Man, Scared Stiff, Iron Maiden, Rick & Morty
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

I don't know. That's what all of Pinside is losing its mind about right now.

I'll say I've seen more than one distributor post to the effect of "ehhhh, you should probably get your orders in". I took that to mean that people with more info than me are seeing trends that indicate supply might be tight.

There's also the fact that many people who wanted TNA waited many months to receive theirs because Spooky doesn't build tables as quickly as Stern. 750 tables @ 10/week = 75 weeks of production or more.

My personal, not-at-all-fact-based opinion? I'll bet they do NOT fill up on Fang Club orders alone, and that some people get a table without Fang Club membership. But the later the order, the later the delivery, and the last people will be getting their tables in summer of 2021.

I don't do good with waiting on things like this, so I'm jumping on this train before it even starts. I'm happy to take the risk as an early adopter on this game, due to all the people involved and the theme.

As for the layout, the under playfield shot was a really cool reveal. I hate pops that a stupid bank in a sequestered area. Why waste the mechs just to have the ball poop out from one of two exits? (ie: Ghostbusters.) On the other hand, I love pops that are out in the open, causing havoc. They keep you on your toes. This pop layout will be fairly unique in modern pinball, so I'm looking forward to that new challenge!
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

Good point on the waitlist. I wonder if they'll take all Fang Club orders between a date interval, and then sort them by Fang Club number (assuming there's some chronological list).

Do we know where previous customers fit into this? I thought they had some early purchase ability on other games.. maybe that's no more?

I love the pop on TNA.... it's actually used as a target, forcing you to toss the ball out of control. Genius.

I'm really, really tired of the pop bumpers in modern sterns. I don't know where the mandate for meaningless pops comes from, but it certainly doesn't add any fun to the game, and does nothing to help their BOM.

The only value I see is it's a place to dump a ball while in MB. I don't think I've ever paid attention to pop awards in any game. They're almost always throwaways.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Prior customers got an email to join the Fang Club before the rest of us. I think that's the benefit?

With Spooky direct ordering it's first-come-first-serve, for Fang Club members for two weeks, then for everyone.

With distributors it's up to them. Kingpin has a list, and he said that when his list is full, it's full. I don't know how he prioritizes his list... haven't asked yet. :)

Agreed on the standard triple-pop array. It's a bunch of wasted space and money for no fun. The "slot machine" feature on some new Sterns is pretty hokey too, because there's no good way to aim for a specific pop. They might as well just make a single standup that plays a slot machine animation. "Game of skill", my ass. :)

Open-playfield pops you have to shoot around (ala Black Hole any many others) are much better at the job of shuffling up the ball to keep the player out-of-control.
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

750 games sold in four hours. Wow!