The Worst Pinball Game?

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
zenbone

The Worst Pinball Game?

Post by zenbone »

I am starting this conversation for a positive reason so please don't take any offense by any games listed or talked about. This type of thing is VERY subjective and not meant to be hurtful so if you have one or all of the machines listed please do not send hate mail. When you think of THE WORST pinball game out there (modern-ish games like late 70's forward) what comes to mind?

the starter list i have built out so far has:
- Hollywood Heat
- Raven
- Bugs Bunny Birthday Bash
- Hardbody
- Black Belt
- Roller Disco Pinball

I am sure there are some less than stellar pinball i am missing, if you could please let me know which machines i am missing from my list that should be considered.
And if i have erroneously put a machine on this list that doesn't merit please let me know (i have not yet put a lot of time on all of these). I am working on a fun project and hope to find just the right machine. also, for the record even the worst pinball is still better than no pinball.
ralphwiggum

Re: The Worst Pinball Game?

Post by ralphwiggum »

Raven is actually a fun player, just really terrible in the artwork department. I have only walked away from one pinball machine ever during the middle of a (paid) game, and that was Star Wars Trilogy. I just don't understand how that game exists at all.

A lot of the late 80s Gottliebs could make the list easily, as they are just really terribly implemented. The artwork is poor, the rules are not great, the sounds leave a lot to be desired. BUT..... I find that the layout on almost all of them are unique and fun to shoot. It really is a shame that the layout was often the only interesting thing about them.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
Chitownpinball

Post by Chitownpinball »

ralphwiggum wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:54 pm Raven is actually a fun player, just really terrible in the artwork department. I have only walked away from one pinball machine ever during the middle of a (paid) game, and that was Star Wars Trilogy. I just don't understand how that game exists at all.

A lot of the late 80s Gottliebs could make the list easily, as they are just really terribly implemented. The artwork is poor, the rules are not great, the sounds leave a lot to be desired. BUT..... I find that the layout on almost all of them are unique and fun to shoot. It really is a shame that the layout was often the only interesting thing about them.
Oh no! Stars Wars trilogy?? Man, that games looks like it has an interesting layout and decent art, the game sucks though huh? I was just contemplating one.....maybe not

Games I have walked away from mid game:
Rollcoaster Tycoon
Rolling Stones
JohnH

Post by JohnH »

I find annoying sound / music is the biggest turnoff for me (BK2K comes quickly to mind, but there are plenty more).
Players: Blast Off, Space Mission, Skateball, Whirlwind, Viking
Projects: Joker Poker
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

JohnH wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:05 pm I find annoying sound / music is the biggest turnoff for me (BK2K comes quickly to mind, but there are plenty more).
WHAT?????? That music is AMAZING! :o That is the ONLY thing I like about that game..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Current Collection
Ken

Post by Ken »

JohnH wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:05 pm I find annoying sound / music is the biggest turnoff for me (BK2K comes quickly to mind, but there are plenty more).
NO WAY!!! HAHAhahahah
zenbone

Post by zenbone »

Didn't give the specifics before because this is super early in the planning stage and as any project has a chance of dying before it begins ha ha

basically i am going take "the worst" pinball machine and do a high end restoration and modification. It will not be a re-theme but will fix things (example - if i run with a Raven i will get new artwork done in custom decal for the cabinet and a new back glass with better graphics). going to document the project via video journal with all the work done and all the things we are doing to upgrade. The end goal will be to have a machine to take to all the shows to play as "the best worst pinball" and either a documentary film or an online video series which might be helpful for restoration tips.

still working out the details and all getting equipment together for the filming portions (i have a decent background in this having worked at a local public access for a few years and running camera at local events). Right now i am leaning heavily toward Raven, Hollywood heat or Hardbody because i can get into the machine for a reasonable price and think they will have a fairly decent playing machine in the end. This will more than likely have all the planning and such done now and the project work will begin when i get up to Appleton (hoping for end of year)
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Any of the Gottliebs with the Photo Backglasses I mentioned earlier will definitely fit the bill for this. You are in the right ballpark for sure. Having a preschool class do crayon drawings all over these machines would be an upgrade over what is there.
Current Collection
chevmontess

Post by chevmontess »

El Boro
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Monte Carlo. End of Discussion.

Random 10 million shot. Get a cup of coffee while the ball rolls around the Roulette wheel.
Entertaining = No!
Attachments
1F788D54-AFD6-40CF-AE4A-B8BF149A7F43.jpeg
D9F7C0DF-4CE5-4D7E-9144-C0AFDF591337.jpeg
Methos

Post by Methos »

I played Predator at MGC.

I think it needs to be considered.
lg40

Post by lg40 »

Thunderbirds and Spring Break hands down.
Johnny Mnemonic, Bride of Pinbot 2.0, The Shadow, Police Force, World Cup Soccer, White Water, Judge Dredd, The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends
lg40

Post by lg40 »

lg40 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:29 pm Thunderbirds and Spring Break hands down.
Thunderbirds is ranked on Pinside at 369. How is that possible for a new game.
Johnny Mnemonic, Bride of Pinbot 2.0, The Shadow, Police Force, World Cup Soccer, White Water, Judge Dredd, The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends
BrewNinja

Post by BrewNinja »

TomGWI wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:51 pm Monte Carlo. End of Discussion.

Random 10 million shot. Get a cup of coffee while the ball rolls around the Roulette wheel.
Entertaining = No!
Couldn't agree more! The rules and gameplay are horrible. And that backglass....hideous! The roulette wheel seems really cool for about the first 2 or 3 times, then its just annoying.
Black Hole, F14, Dirty Harry, Walking Dead Premium, Fish Tales, Comet, Metallica, The Shadow, Whirlwind, Black Knight 2000, Deadpool
AndHart120

Post by AndHart120 »

Easy. Hercules.