Willy Wonka revealed

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
MikeS

Re: Willy Wonka revealed

Post by MikeS »

I stopped out today and played for about an hour. I do agree with Moe that ball times are short which may discourage players. It took me a handful of lousy games before I started playing decently and strung together some better games that were satisfying. The software is solid and I like that it isn't overly deep or confusing. I prefer shorter balltime games with shallow yet strategic rules over deep and plodding. I think it's already my favorite JJP game because of the mix of layout, rules and theme. I'd be really tempted to buy a standard from Kingpin but don't feel the need since there's one to play so close by.

Thanks to Madison Pinball for putting this game on route and at a location I can actually frequent. I will definitely be stopping back soon to play more!
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Foo Fighters Pro, Godzilla Pro, GNRLE, Alien Star, Space Invaders, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

moe wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:16 pm Played a few games at schwoeglers with a friend. Feels like the table has potential but I did not enjoy my games there at all. Very short ball times with the outlines that open and what felt like no ball save on the launch left us incredibly frustrated and we left.
I appreciate the feedback. We always give a game some time to settle in and check drains (left, right, center), ball times, etc... and adjust the physical and software settings.

Often the default settings need some tweaking.

I am not sure why you would not be getting a ball save. maybe a software bug? ball saver is factory defaults.
Will check it out soon.
rhinopins

Post by rhinopins »

Anyone know where the Milwaukee one landed? I've been itching to play again since MGC. :)
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

rhinopins wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:16 am Anyone know where the Milwaukee one landed? I've been itching to play again since MGC. :)
I don't know about Milwaukee specifically, but I know Foxx View Lanes in Waukesha gets all of the latest machines. Their lineup is incredible. I plan to check out Wonka there once they get it.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
JimS

Post by JimS »

Ours should be showing up Tuesday or Wednesday... Hope to have it in and ready before our Craft Beer Pinball League Meetup at the Blue Moon Wednesday July 3rd! Lift Bridge will be providing the Wonka-esque drafts, and it sounds like everyone will have the Fourth off, so lets party!
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

rhinopins wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:16 am Anyone know where the Milwaukee one landed? I've been itching to play again since MGC. :)
Cleveland pub should be getting one soon...
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

JimS wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:19 pm Ours should be showing up Tuesday or Wednesday... Hope to have it in and ready before our Craft Beer Pinball League Meetup at the Blue Moon Wednesday July 3rd! Lift Bridge will be providing the Wonka-esque drafts, and it sounds like everyone will have the Fourth off, so lets party!
Hopefully Tuesday...
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

moe wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:16 pm Very short ball times with the outlines that open and what felt like no ball save on the launch left us incredibly frustrated and we left.
Just made some tweaks to the game out at Schwoegler's this morning. Increased the ball save time from the default of 6, and tightened up the right side. No adjustment available on the left side since it's just a kickback. :D

If anyone finds issues or tweaks that are needed on any game, don't hesitate to just call or text (that's the quickest way to get a response) and we'll get it fixed up for ya!
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
rhinopins

Post by rhinopins »

KingPin Games wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:31 pm
Cleveland pub should be getting one soon...
Thanks Chris!
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

u2sean wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:30 am
moe wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:16 pm Very short ball times with the outlines that open and what felt like no ball save on the launch left us incredibly frustrated and we left.
Just made some tweaks to the game out at Schwoegler's this morning. Increased the ball save time from the default of 6, and tightened up the right side. No adjustment available on the left side since it's just a kickback. :D

If anyone finds issues or tweaks that are needed on any game, don't hesitate to just call or text (that's the quickest way to get a response) and we'll get it fixed up for ya!
Thanks Sean!
JimS

Post by JimS »

Ours is out and rocking at the Blue Moon just in time for our Craft Beer Pinball League night tomorrow. Awesome work Chris! Thanks for everything!

Group play at 6:30 PM, first pint of Lift Bridge is Free!
PinJohn

Post by PinJohn »

:o First beer Free - wow. If it weren't over a hundred miles drive I'd be in. Nice !
JimS

Post by JimS »

PinJohn wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:41 am :o First beer Free - wow. If it weren't over a hundred miles drive I'd be in. Nice !
First beer is always free at our League :) Driving 100 miles after a CBPL meetup is not advised however... Cheers!
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

looks like it is on the books...

Official WI WONKA release party to be held on July 20th. More details coming soon, but get it on your calendars now.
For those that like IFPA, this is an opportunity to double dip the fun and play in WONKA and the regular Schwoeglers monthly on the same day.

Fun stuff and prizes from KingPin, JJP, and Madison Pinball in the works.
PinJohn

Post by PinJohn »

JimS wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:28 am
PinJohn wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:41 am :o First beer Free - wow. If it weren't over a hundred miles drive I'd be in. Nice !
First beer is always free at our League :) Driving 100 miles after a CBPL meetup is not advised however... Cheers!
Free Beer is always good. Even paid beer is good. :D
If I get over to Madtown in the future I will try and stop in sometime for a beer and a few games.

Happy and safe 4th of July everybody.