Alright, who in Wisconsin is getting a Black Knight?

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
Darth Vader

Alright, who in Wisconsin is getting a Black Knight?

Post by Darth Vader »

Just curious what everyone's thoughts are on the game and if you're buying one? I'm thinking this may be my first new game purchase since MMR-LE.
epthegeek

Re: Alright, who in Wisconsin is getting a Black Knight?

Post by epthegeek »

I wonder how many people are frantically trying to change their show deal order from Munsters to BK.
Current pile of ridiculously expensive "beep-boop-bing" boxes: Cactus Canyon, Theatre of Magic, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Metallica (Pro), Iron Man, Spider-Man, Scared Stiff, Iron Maiden, Rick & Morty
Darth Vader

Post by Darth Vader »

9K for an LE seems a little steep, but then again that's the only way you get the upper playfield, kinda pointless having a BK without an upper playfield.
QuyN

Post by QuyN »

Darth Vader wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:01 pm 9K for an LE seems a little steep, but then again that's the only way you get the upper playfield, kinda pointless having a BK without an upper playfield.
You can get a Prem for 7800, I think was MSRP on it. LEs are limited to only 600 units, so unless you are an "LE buyer" there's no point for ponying up the extra cash.
epthegeek

Post by epthegeek »

They at least give you some material upgrades for your money these days. Shaker & Invisibles are only on the LE, if those things are important to you that's several hundred bucks by itself. Art blades, again, if that's a thing you're into, are a value add. To go with the different art, different powder coat, and all the 'collectible' tweaks like number plates and signatures.

It used to be the LE just got you the dressy bits without any real value difference.

I'd still never ben an LE buyer, but at least for people who might be there's something there rather than just prestige.
Current pile of ridiculously expensive "beep-boop-bing" boxes: Cactus Canyon, Theatre of Magic, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Metallica (Pro), Iron Man, Spider-Man, Scared Stiff, Iron Maiden, Rick & Morty
Eric_S

Post by Eric_S »

I know I'm in the minority, but I wasn't that impressed watching the videos of gameplay. The spinning flail seemed to reject a lot of shots, which just gets frustrating after awhile. No upper playfield on the Pro version make it seem very lean. I like the sounds and artwork, but game play seems blah. I hope I'm wrong and I'm looking forward to trying it, but no way would I put money down before playing it.
hayrebear

Post by hayrebear »

If it lives up to how much I’m hyping it in my head, after playing it at MGC, I will be considering a Premium.
Current Collection: Gottlieb Soccer, Flash, Meteor, Pinbot, Bally Atlantis, The Getaway, Fish Tales, Tales from the Crypt, Mary Shelley Frankenstein, Star Trek Pro, TNA, Iron Maiden, Rick and Morty, Ultraman CE
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

You cant play the pro and then consider the premium. They are two different games. Marco is supposed to have some pros for sale, and a premium not for sale.
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Black Knight without an upper playfield? That’s bogus. Premium or bust!

As always, I gotta play one first. There’s a ton of great pinball to choose from right now!
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

I usually gravitate towards Pro models but I'm kind of surprised Stern even made a Pro on this one... Doesn't seem like Black Knight without an upper playfield. Pro seems like it could feel a bit claustrophobic. Besides the orbits you have a dead end shot that leads to a vuk, a saucer blocked by a shield that leads to a vuk, and the lone ramp shot is often blocked by the Knights flail. Game looks right flipper heavy as both vuks and the ramp shot return to that flipper. The Premium by contrast at least has the upper playfield which adds some flow and extra shot variety. The Black Knight toy looks really cool and highly interactive which makes up for the game having less flow. If I were in the market I would get a Premium for sure! I'm excited to try one.

I think where this game will really shine is in the sound and light departments. The music and callouts sound awesome! And the lighting (especially the simulated fire and all the color changing inserts) really add to the theme immersion. I want to buy one just because it looks and sounds so cool! And Kevin OConnor really nailed all 3 art packages. I think it will be a big hit and I really think Stern is firing on all cylinders right now! Anyone want to start a GoFundMe to help pay for my daycare costs (3kids ain't cheap) so that I can afford to buy one :D
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Foo Fighters Pro, Godzilla Pro, GNRLE, Alien Star, Space Invaders, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
hayrebear

Post by hayrebear »

KingPin Games wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:18 pm You cant play the pro and then consider the premium. They are two different games. Marco is supposed to have some pros for sale, and a premium not for sale.
I was assuming they’d have at least a prototype or two for the Premium or LE. Planning to try now, buy a few a few months down the road.
Current Collection: Gottlieb Soccer, Flash, Meteor, Pinbot, Bally Atlantis, The Getaway, Fish Tales, Tales from the Crypt, Mary Shelley Frankenstein, Star Trek Pro, TNA, Iron Maiden, Rick and Morty, Ultraman CE
Darth Vader

Post by Darth Vader »

I'll definitely look at the premium model at MGC.......let's just hope there's no snow storm so I can actually make it this year........lol
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

I love the original Black Knight - a true classic. BK2K I got really tired of really quick. It's got a great sound / art package, but just shooting the upper playfield locks and the HEAVY use of the right flipper just got super old after a while. Running audits on it showed 90% right and 10% left.

Seeing that the premium/LE has an upper playfield that looks an awful lot like BK2K, I'm much more excited to see what they've done with the Pro model to balance out the gameplay. If it's done right, it could be an awesome game. Sounds like they'll have some Pros at MGC, with Prem/LE coming along in June.
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
PinJohn

Post by PinJohn »

Agree - I'm guessing the Pro could be a very good game. ;)
BrewNinja

Post by BrewNinja »

Im really really really considering it. I just need to figure out pro vs prem. It seems like the upper playfield doesnt really have a lot going on besides a ball lock, so a pro might be ok. Gotta wait for the stream to find out. Hopefully it will be soon enough to pull the trigger on a pro for MGC still, but Im not holding my breath.
Black Hole, F14, Dirty Harry, Walking Dead Premium, Fish Tales, Comet, Metallica, The Shadow, Whirlwind, Black Knight 2000, Deadpool