X-Men sound package

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
QuyN

X-Men sound package

Post by QuyN »

Just wanted to share this with anyone that might not visit Pinside. I created a sound package for X-Men to "alleviate" the pain that can come from some of the undesirable callouts from the stock code. It started off as just Beast and Storm, but then quickly moved to the other characters and a lot of the mode music. A video of the sounds and the links for both the Pro and LE versions are included in the thread. Feel free to give it a shot.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic ... nt-package
ralphwiggum

Re: X-Men sound package

Post by ralphwiggum »

Very cool Quy.... Xmen is criminally underrated. Sounds like a really nice option for those that have one. I will admit, my guilty pleasure sound on that game is the heavy breathing of Wolverine during multiball.... It is so bad it is good... :)
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
QuyN

Post by QuyN »

ralphwiggum wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:42 am Very cool Quy.... Xmen is criminally underrated. Sounds like a really nice option for those that have one. I will admit, my guilty pleasure sound on that game is the heavy breathing of Wolverine during multiball.... It is so bad it is good... :)
I hated that track! Especially when you're trapped up and trying to make a shot and all you hear is the heavy breathing lol. I do agree that there is irrational hate for that game, but is likely the reason why I got mine for a good price, so I can't argue with that :)
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

You should see if you can find a clip of Hugh Jackman breathing heavily and put that into the package. Super hot. ;)

Great idea to upgrade the sounds. There’s a ton of great source material for Marvel! I imagine you’ve been spending a ton of time digging through movies and show looking for good clips, huh?
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
QuyN

Post by QuyN »

Chris K wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:49 am You should see if you can find a clip of Hugh Jackman breathing heavily and put that into the package. Super hot. ;)

Great idea to upgrade the sounds. There’s a ton of great source material for Marvel! I imagine you’ve been spending a ton of time digging through movies and show looking for good clips, huh?
Unfortunately, I dont own any of the animated series and could only use what I could find on YouTube. :(

I can think of so many lines from the shows but didnt have a great way to gain access to them. In the end, there's some repetition, but I think overall it turned out really nice. At least I like it:)

And I'm ok without any heavy breathing lol
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

Very cool! I'll give it a try on my pro. I'm planning to bring it to MGC, if that works out I'll put a sign to let people know about the sound pack.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

The Juggernaut clip is all over YouTube, but it has that other guy in it, not the original V/O. :)

You can get the episodes illicitly pretty easily if you are so driven. Looks like they’re $2/pop otherwise. That’s a high price for a back-catalog show!
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
QuyN

Post by QuyN »

DeaconBlooze wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:06 pm Very cool! I'll give it a try on my pro. I'm planning to bring it to MGC, if that works out I'll put a sign to let people know about the sound pack.
Cool! Much appreciated! I'll look out for it when we're there. I haven't played a pro yet and would like to see the differences between the two.
QuyN

Post by QuyN »

Chris K wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:40 pm The Juggernaut clip is all over YouTube, but it has that other guy in it, not the original V/O. :)

You can get the episodes illicitly pretty easily if you are so driven. Looks like they’re $2/pop otherwise. That’s a high price for a back-catalog show!
Yeah, definitely wanted to go with the original voices when I could, but didn't want to make too much work for myself either. I kept all of the villians, Magneto, Prof X, Iceman, Deadpool. They were all passable - good, and some characters, like Iceman and Deadpool had so many callouts that I didn't want to go looking for all of it.

I tried to keep it as easy as I could, without spending any additional $$ other than getting Pinball Browser. Audacity was great for cutting and editing sound clips, and music tracks. I've used it in the past but never to this extent. There are a ton of features that I will probably never touch.
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Stern probably wouldn't like the DP pinball callouts ripped huh? There's a great Deadpool video game you can use if you ever want to switch that. Should be a ton of great clips from people doing Lets Play's on YouTube.

Now that you've figured out the Pinball Browser thing, are you gonna pick up a Iron Maiden and switch it over to Partridge Family music? :)
QuyN

Post by QuyN »

Chris K wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:08 pm Stern probably wouldn't like the DP pinball callouts ripped huh? There's a great Deadpool video game you can use if you ever want to switch that. Should be a ton of great clips from people doing Lets Play's on YouTube.

Now that you've figured out the Pinball Browser thing, are you gonna pick up a Iron Maiden and switch it over to Partridge Family music? :)
I haven't looked into Spike I/II games yet (since I dont own any) and really don't have any motivation to do any games that I don't yet own. :) I also haven't looked into ripping audio from video games (I do have Deadpool for PS3, good stuff :) ) I'm not even sure how to begin.

If I ever do get an IMDN, I would definitely look into replacing the music in it, which would be relatively easy compared to replacing callouts :) It's really the only reason why I haven't considered getting one. I can't stand the music (sacrilege, I know).
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Oh, I meant to take the sounds from DP and put them in XMen. :)

Ditto on the sound on Iron Maiden. Just about any other theme and I would have bought one. I can’t stand the music, but love the game!
QuyN

Post by QuyN »

Chris K wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:25 pm Oh, I meant to take the sounds from DP and put them in XMen. :)

Ditto on the sound on Iron Maiden. Just about any other theme and I would have bought one. I can’t stand the music, but love the game!
Oh yeah, gotcha. If I had a Stern DP I might consider ripping them and putting them into X-Men...but would that be weird to have the same callouts for 2 different machines? In any case, the DP callouts in XM aren't that bad and captures his general tone and demeanor.