Munsters Pinball announced

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
Chris K

Munsters Pinball announced

Post by Chris K »

https://sternpinball.com/game/the-munsters/

So the Premium has a lower playfield with mini flippers and a 2-ball trough? And two more flipper buttons on the cab? It looks like that's the only real difference.

I'm a sucker for mini playfields, and this one looks really cool! The theme alone doesn't convince me, but I'd love to play one!
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
pfcjimmy

Re: Munsters Pinball announced

Post by pfcjimmy »

It would be cool if a bunch were at MGC like Iron Maiden last year.
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

Looks pretty neat. I'm pretty sure I've been priced out of the NIB market, but I'm looking forward to giving it some plays.

The recent stern reveals have been much better. I like that they released gameplay video, pics, and started production all in the same day. And they thought better of letting Jody on stream to ridicule would be customers.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Yeah, I was surprised to see that the game was even on Stern’s web site! Usually we’re scouring skid row web sites to find a glimpse of a playfield, and Stern doesn’t update their site for a week. This time the only thing I found amiss was their features matrix PDF said “Deadpool”.

I’m definitely looking forward to playing it. I expect the B&W art will look pretty cool in person, and hopefully the lower playfield plays nice, cause it looks pretty cool!
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

I have a buddy out at CES and he has been playing everyday.

He said the premium B/W one looks amazing. From the videos I have seen and his opinion he said the lower play field is cool but the ball bounces around like it does in STEwie pinball on Family Guy.

Overall he had really good things to say about it
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

I am excited to play both the Pro and Premium as soon as they are available somewhere.

First Stern theme I dig in a while.
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

They should make a lead-core ball. You're right, that's the only thing that really sucked about the mini tables in Family Guy/Shrek. It felt like one of those little handheld pinball games cause the ball just flies all over.
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

Is that ball in the lower PF actually the size of the ball in Stewie pinball? It seemed slightly bigger to me, but not standard.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
tullster

Post by tullster »

I'm glad to see what appears as a removable window for the lower playfield. I never had a good feeling about the permanent one like in AC/DC. Looks like a very cool game and I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun to play. Familiar layout, but what hasn't been recycled these days?

I'm interested as the theme is right up my alley, but gotta play it first. The Pro looks like a pretty decent game, but space is my major obstacle at this point. I grew up in the 60's and watched The Munsters (The Time Tunnel and Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea were my favorites) even though watching TV was discouraged when I was growing up. Mom and Dad wanted us out of the house burning energy! We did things like riding bikes, and playing/goofing around with the neighbor kids. Heck, sometimes we'd go clear across town and come home dirty and scuffed up!

Tully
epthegeek

Post by epthegeek »

So we're all getting Munsters pro on the MGC show deal this year, huh?
Current pile of ridiculously expensive "beep-boop-bing" boxes: Cactus Canyon, Theatre of Magic, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Metallica (Pro), Iron Man, Spider-Man, Scared Stiff, Iron Maiden, Rick & Morty
tullster

Post by tullster »

Yeah! What were there... Like 25-30 Iron Maidens last year?!!
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

epthegeek wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:25 pm So we're all getting Munsters pro on the MGC show deal this year, huh?
I would guess the next "cornerstone" game will be release by then?

Isn't the typical release schedule something like Jan, Apr, Sep for the bog games each year?