Whatcha working on this week?

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
ChrisS

Whatcha working on this week?

Post by ChrisS »

How about a thread of what people are working on right now. Locally.

Here is this weeks project. I'm taking 2 Jokerz and making 1 nicer one.

The wife was nice enough to let me bring these in from the garage and work on them in the living room so I can stay warm. :lol:

Drive by and honk. I'll wave.
IMG_7688.JPG
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
ralphwiggum

Re: Whatcha working on this week?

Post by ralphwiggum »

I am working on finishing up beating Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu..... Pinball wise, I am waiting on my new orbital sander to arrive so I can redecal an Indy Cabinet.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

I got Boogie Men arms for my Scared Stiff that I’m going to put on this week, probably. I was supposed to get art blades for Hobbit... well, I DID get them, but they were miscue. They still haven’t shipped me the replacements, three weeks later. I’ll do that if they miraculously show up.

Other than that it’s just some minor adjustments. Re-gapping switches and such.
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

After hosting "twisted flippers" last night i spent the morning fixing a few things that came up with play. Its amazing how when people play your machines they all need some switch adjustments. :lol:
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

My family was in town for Christmas, and while the monkey-flipping kids caused no issues, my brother playing maybe a half dozen games of Hobbit managed to break a spring off a drop target and find a couple non-functional switches.

I think the tables just know when they’re not being played by their owners, and misbehave accordingly. And they make sure to do it visibly, for maximum embarrassment. :)
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
JohnH

Post by JohnH »

Got a basket case of a ball bowler I hope to power up this week. Watch for a mushroom cloud around the Milwaukee area.
Players: Blast Off, Space Mission, Skateball, Whirlwind, Viking
Projects: Joker Poker
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

JohnH wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:46 am Got a basket case of a ball bowler I hope to power up this week. Watch for a mushroom cloud around the Milwaukee area.
So your strategy to keep the kids out of the house is to put a ball bowler in their old room? I like your style.
Current Collection
jasonm

Post by jasonm »

Starting on painting the Stars cabinet (with help from Doug). I should really start making progress on putting the playfield and other stuff back together, so hopefully working on that as well.
JohnH

Post by JohnH »

ralphwiggum wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:31 pm So your strategy to keep the kids out of the house is to put a ball bowler in their old room? I like your style.
No, although that's a sound concept!

No room in the basement (or any of the kids' rooms - it's a 14' model) so it's set up a work. Everyone's looking forward to playing it...
Players: Blast Off, Space Mission, Skateball, Whirlwind, Viking
Projects: Joker Poker
epthegeek

Post by epthegeek »

I'm working on thinking about how I should probably play more pinball while I'm playing VR.
Current pile of ridiculously expensive "beep-boop-bing" boxes: Cactus Canyon, Theatre of Magic, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Metallica (Pro), Iron Man, Spider-Man, Scared Stiff, Iron Maiden, Rick & Morty
Methos

Post by Methos »

I am in the middle of a TOM rebuild. Was an import I purchased from our favorite MI reimporter, which was a mistake looking back on it.

Anyway, getting all of the goods to get it cleaned, repaired and up and running.
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

Ran into a TOM a month ago at a bar out west. Made me miss mine. Fun game, good theme, and well executed rules and story.

JPOP at his finest.
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

BTW. Thanks for the quick response. This website has the best service. 😁
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

ChrisS wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:37 am BTW. Thanks for the quick response. This website has the best service. 😁
Yeah, I was thinking about quitting my job and making this site my only gig.... lol
Current Collection
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

No way this site is more lucrative than stripping.