Replaced Family Guy ROMS on my Shrek..

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
jonogo

Replaced Family Guy ROMS on my Shrek..

Post by jonogo »

Humor is so much more to my tastes! The game is surprisingly easy to understand, the inserts still light up for the correct shots.. even if the words on the inserts differ. Seems to me, that Family Guy has more variety in animations and call outs than Shrek as well.

And then My Swamp/Stewie VUK fell apart. So I'm not playing it right now as its down for repairs. :D
Collection contains...
Pins: nada
arcades: nada
jonogo

Re: Replaced Family Guy ROMS on my Shrek..

Post by jonogo »

Repaired :D
Collection contains...
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Nice.... Shrek is a really fun game. Family Guy definitely has the humor, but Shrek is definitely the family appropriate game. That is such an interesting game, as it is kind of lost in the Stern mix. You don't see a lot of them out there, and the layout is unique (it's Lawlor, of course it is unique). Was this the one that was in North Dakota?
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
jonogo

Post by jonogo »

ralphwiggum wrote:Nice.... Shrek is a really fun game. Family Guy definitely has the humor, but Shrek is definitely the family appropriate game. That is such an interesting game, as it is kind of lost in the Stern mix. You don't see a lot of them out there, and the layout is unique (it's Lawlor, of course it is unique). Was this the one that was in North Dakota?
Not that I know of. I drove to Valley, NE to pick it up from a nice Pinsider who said he bought it "new" from BenePinballs in Nebraska. I say "new" because I'm pretty sure it was routed (due to all the dark dust under the hood). Benepinball has a pizza place where he routes pins, so I'd imagine it was there.

The game is VERY nice looking. The green powder on the legs, lockdown, and hinges are a nice touch. The PF has a very cool layout. I do really enjoy the game as Shrek, I just think the FG roms are much funnier.

Cute/funny story about the figures in the game. I was working on replacing the GIs and Inserts with LEDs and cleaning the PF and my 9yr comes up behind me and exclaims.. "HEY! I have that same Gingerbread toy from McDonald's!!" Laughing, I said "ahh, buddy, I'm sure its similar, but not the same." But he was pretty confident that he was right. So to solve the mystery, I took down the Gingy char.. and stamped on the back was "McDs 2002". The Figures of the Shrek characters are ACTUALLY McDonald's Happy meal Toys! Ha!

Anyone who is in my neck of the woods (East MN, 15mi from Hudson, WI) Feel free to ping me, come on over and check it out!
Collection contains...
policano

Post by policano »

Totally a fun pin! Love that you can load up the Family Guy ROMs!
Collection: Williams Indiana Jones, White Water ColorDMD, South Park, Terminator 2, Game Show, CheckPoint, SharpShooter.
Looking for: Whirlwind, Sharkey's Shootout