Rumor mill - upcoming games

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
DeaconBlooze

Rumor mill - upcoming games

Post by DeaconBlooze »

I know, this is everyone's favorite topic, but I can't keep up with the wild speculation on pinside.. This is what I've gathered is next from Stern:

Fall - Munsters
Spring - Beatles

In the queue - Led Zeppelin, Jaws?

Anything else? I have trouble discerning between what the public think should happen, and what might actually happen. Having an idea if something is in the works helps me plan out the finances a little.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
Hilton

Re: Rumor mill - upcoming games

Post by Hilton »

i find "This Week In Pinball" to be a good resource for the meat of stuff.

I think you have it right. Supposedly Elvira 3 is all done (mostly) and could happen at any point (I think next TPF is current rumor)
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Is Led Zeppelin for real? I would be all over that theme.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

TomGWI wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:47 pm Is Led Zeppelin for real? I would be all over that theme.
a guy can dream!!!

Finally a music pin of tunes I like!
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Are the Beatles and Munsters that Kaminkow outfit subbed out to Stern? If so, I can only imagine what the entry levels will sell for.... I wouldn't be surprised to see the base models go for the same price as a new Nissan Versa.

Is Jaws really a theme people would get behind? I mean, I loved the movies as a kid, but can't sit through them now as an adult.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
QuyN

Post by QuyN »

Hilton wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:57 pm
TomGWI wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:47 pm Is Led Zeppelin for real? I would be all over that theme.
a guy can dream!!!

Finally a music pin of tunes I like!
Just put Maiden on mute and play Zeppelin over it ;)
Eric_S

Post by Eric_S »

Did you mean Dread Zepplin?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CO7FPU7a2g
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Really, Munsters? Beatles could be great - tons of material to draw from and a huge audience. I'd consider it the WOZ of music titles. Jaws, meh. Maybe 25 years ago. They just need to make a U2 pin and be done with it. I might buy one of those...

- Sean
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
lg40

Post by lg40 »

I would really like to see a Godzilla pin get done again. :P
Johnny Mnemonic, Bride of Pinbot 2.0, The Shadow, Police Force, World Cup Soccer, White Water, Judge Dredd, The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

I heard Stern is working on a Motley Crue Pin next. Apparently the thread on pinside was a driving force on it.

I heard Elvira is dropping after Deadpool in time for Expo.
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

ralphwiggum wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:58 pmIs Jaws really a theme people would get behind? I mean, I loved the movies as a kid, but can't sit through them now as an adult.
I guess it has a pretty big fan base. It seems like a bit of a weird movie to rally behind to me. It's a good movie, but a bit of a slow burn if you've seen it before. It's one of those movies that I might leave on TV on a Saturday while I'm working around the house or something.
u2sean wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:33 amReally, Munsters?
Yeah, I'm not really sure I understand that one. But I guess they're not really making it for me.
u2sean wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:33 am Beatles could be great - tons of material to draw from and a huge audience.
I told my dad about The Beatles being on the radar. Usually I get a "huh, neat" sort of reply when I tell him the newest title. With this one he was genuinely interested. He was asking about pricing and wants me to send him the details once it's announced.
I really hope so. The possibility of this one reminds me to keep some of my pin money in my pocket. I think it's just speculation right now though. Most of the stuff on pinside is just noise or wishful thinking, but it seems like the community willed IMDN into existence, so I guess anything is possible.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

ChrisS wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:30 am I heard Stern is working on a Motley Crue Pin next.
Didnt Williams already do Motley Crue?
Attachments
fe96fb8f0b71b2f85b24f73dfadcfb7c75119d7f.jpg.png
fe96fb8f0b71b2f85b24f73dfadcfb7c75119d7f.jpg.png (115.83 KiB) Viewed 1998 times
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

If we can will stuff into existence lets get th A team instead of Jaws please!

I pity the fool would be worth it alone as a call out when you tilt.
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

ralphwiggum wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:38 pm
ChrisS wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:30 am I heard Stern is working on a Motley Crue Pin next.
Didnt Williams already do Motley Crue?
So did Gottlieb.
Attachments
c14a28a227bdc159eed77ce89ff6ab8658c440f1.jpg
c14a28a227bdc159eed77ce89ff6ab8658c440f1.jpg (32.31 KiB) Viewed 1996 times
Current machines:

Tim E

Post by Tim E »

Hate to say it, but Zep is just a dream theme. The band licenses very little to nothing at this point. They do not need the money either. Any game Elwin does is going to be stellar. i.e....Jaws, Pulp Fiction, other...I think either theme would be an incredible Pin with Elwin and Zombie Yeti at the helm.
I do hope Steinbrink gets his dream theme of "Saved By the Bell" though.... :)