TZ fair price?

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
wildrover

TZ fair price?

Post by wildrover »

I would appreciate opinion(s):

What would you think a fair price for a good condition (not excellent but not terrible, just good) Twilight Zone should be this day and age? :?:

Thanks!
KingPin Games

Re: TZ fair price?

Post by KingPin Games »

As with any pinball, the condition is king. You could have home use only game that never had the glass removed and cleaned or a routed game that was meticulously taken care of weekly.

Base game (no leds, no colordmd, etc) in good condition should go for around 6k or so. a very nice machine could go for more, where as a routed game with scoop damage, cabinet fade, etc could go for much less. Parts can be had for almost everything on this game, but make sure to check the function of the gumball, clock, eddy boards, etc as parts do add up quickly.

I would start with some pictures of the game, the playfield, the boards, etc.
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
wildrover

Post by wildrover »

Could not have asked for a better reply. Thank you for your advice!
Eric_S

Post by Eric_S »

I agree thar $6K for a normal TZ is about right. They don't seem to pop up for sale often though.
pthermes

Post by pthermes »

wildrover - Are you looking to buy, sell or trade? I would be interested if you have one to trade or sell.
Methos

Post by Methos »

I think they hover a bit higher around the 6,500 range. There will never be a remake of them.
wildrover

Post by wildrover »

pthermes wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:49 pm wildrover - Are you looking to buy, sell or trade? I would be interested if you have one to trade or sell.
I'm looking to buy currently, just getting prepared so I don't do something stupid:) Very much appreciate everyones input :D
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

wildrover wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 9:19 am
pthermes wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:49 pm wildrover - Are you looking to buy, sell or trade? I would be interested if you have one to trade or sell.
I'm looking to buy currently, just getting prepared so I don't do something stupid:) Very much appreciate everyones input :D
6k seems to be entry level. It goes up form there quickly. Very nice games or samples can get up to 9k easily it seems.

Great game!
wildrover

Post by wildrover »

I mean, i WANT to touch the door but ya know...
wildrover

Post by wildrover »

Picked up a cherry TZ today! Got a price similar to those opinions on here. It is in MINT condition. Haven't seen one like this in the wild. Playfield 10/10 for being from the early 90s. Gumball/Clock - perfect. Scoops - look like they were never used.

Only issue once i got home was a weak right flipper. Troubleshooting.

UPDATE: Totally flipper opto. Swapped the L/R opto boards now weak one is left. Ordered a A-15878 for $20, should be cherry in just a few days.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Congrats! It sounds like you got a pretty good deal! Where did you end finding one from? Here, CL, Pinside, Facebook?
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix