Anyone in on iron maiden?

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
QuyN

Re: Anyone in on iron maiden?

Post by QuyN »

Hilton wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:15 am For anyone looking for some more time on Iron Maiden, the Madison Pinball one is out at Pooleys and only .50 per play through the end of the month :)

Thanks to everyone that supports and plays pinball on route so we can keep bringing in new games!
Reminder that this Maiden will also be taken over to Maria's for the Official Launch Party Tournament on May 12th (combined with the Burnin' down the house tourney) so get your practice in now.
Very awesome! Will have to get a few games in, where I can actually hear the audio. It's a nice shooter for sure, but couldn't hear anything at MGC. Thanks Madison Pinball!
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

If you were one of the early players yesterday and used the DBV, then you got the added bonus of games only being .08 per play :oops:

Should be fixed now and appreciate the heads up from the player that texted to let me know if was a bit messed up.
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Did you return the $.04 the person overpaid for their 12 games? ;)

That's awesome you guys have it on route already! Thanks for all you do for local pinball! As much as I'm not a fan of the music, it'll be good to hear the game. I honestly haven't heard a single beep from the table yet, despite playing maybe ten games!
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

lol, nope but I did give them some free credits on the other decks since they were still there when I arrived :)
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Hilton wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:45 am If you were one of the early players yesterday and used the DBV, then you got the added bonus of games only being .08 per play :oops:
That's my fault - I blame lack of sleep! It was truly a calamity of errors and misconfigurations I made when setting this one up and I left thinking that DBV wasn't even working (it wasn't...). I guess that's what happens sometimes. I'm just happy it went in THAT direction as opposed to only giving half a credit for $1 or something like that! :D
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

I just smile when I think of the first person dropping a buck into the brand new game and getting a jackpot right from the start!

Had to have felt great. Also realy nice of them to contact me right away to let me know of the issue.
JimS

Post by JimS »

Those of you looking for some sound, our maiden is wired to a Polk external sub, and boy is it fun. You can find it and six other machines at the Blue Moon on the near West side. League tomorrow night (Wednesday) starting at 630 or whenever bryon shows up sponsored by 3 Sheep's Brewing Co. Free beer! Win swag! Loud noises!
pfcjimmy

Post by pfcjimmy »

JimS wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:47 pm Those of you looking for some sound, our maiden is wired to a Polk external sub, and boy is it fun. You can find it and six other machines at the Blue Moon on the near West side. League tomorrow night (Wednesday) starting at 630 or whenever bryon shows up sponsored by 3 Sheep's Brewing Co. Free beer! Win swag! Loud noises!
Does it still play Iron Maiden music though?
Asking for a friend...
JimS

Post by JimS »

pfcjimmy wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:14 pm
JimS wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:47 pm Those of you looking for some sound, our maiden is wired to a Polk external sub, and boy is it fun. You can find it and six other machines at the Blue Moon on the near West side. League tomorrow night (Wednesday) starting at 630 or whenever bryon shows up sponsored by 3 Sheep's Brewing Co. Free beer! Win swag! Loud noises!
Does it still play Iron Maiden music though?
Asking for a friend...
It does... Loudly... :o
Tim E

Post by Tim E »

You guys need to graduate from the Backstreet Boys and NSYNC and listen to some real music like Iron Maiden. By the way, the lyrics are based on literature, history, war, etc...and no they do not worship Satan. It is the classic battle between good and evil. I seem to recall it in a movie series called Star Wars... :D
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

If the table were Spinal Tap, I would have unboxed one at the show for sure. I don't besmirch anyone's choice in bands, but I do not like Iron Maiden at all. We even tried listening to them all the way to MGC and I just can't do it....

Besides, I don't need another music theme table. I already have Roy Clark; it doesn't get any better than that!
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
Tim E

Post by Tim E »

Good point, but it is impossible to compare anyone to the great Roy Clark and his cocktail pinball. :D
tullster

Post by tullster »

Fire up the Pinball Browser and replace that Iron Maiden racket with some fine, fine Roy Clark Songs!! Orange Blossom Special, Roy's Guitar Boogie etc... The possibilities are endless!!!
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Oh man, that would actually be kinda cool! I'd love to see the looks on people's faces when they started a mode. :)
Methos

Post by Methos »

Roy Clark is an AMAZING guitarist, some say the best banjo player in the modern times.

Check it.

Maiden is great too. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUAkzUpvNfI