Anyone in on iron maiden?

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
Hilton

Anyone in on iron maiden?

Post by Hilton »

Cool art, looks like it shoots great, and should deliver with solid code.

Wish i liked the theme more.

Love that congo ramp shot through the pops and two spinners!
ralphwiggum

Re: Anyone in on iron maiden?

Post by ralphwiggum »

I love the art, the plain inserts drive me nuts though. The layout is a nice change of pace. I am not in on this one, but it looks like a nice first game for the designer.

Did Stern do their bimonthly price jack on this one?
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

I have not chcked price but from what others are saying online, it is another 200 price increase?

5500 delivered for a pro? If anyone has gotten a price and wants to share or PM, id like to hear what it is irl.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

$5500 for a pro? Good lord....that is silly. They will sell though. Sterns strength is licensing. They definitely have the best licenses of all the manufacturers out there. Its a shame they arent a little more creative with them.

Is Madison putting one on location?
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Undecided at this stage.

As with all games, it is always a possibility i suppose. Too many new games coming out to even think about getting them all.

We recently bought a brand new RRWOZ and that was a big hit to the poggy bank :D
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Looks interesting... I can’t quite tell what’s going where on the playfield, but if the upper flippers can feed each other it could be pretty fun to try to keep it up there.

I’m not into the theme so I’d have to be crazy over the gameplay to want it. I mean, not every them can be Roy Clark, right? :)
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
epthegeek

Post by epthegeek »

I think it looks great, and the rule set Keith ran through on the stream sounds cool. But I don’t have money so none of that matters. :lol:
Current pile of ridiculously expensive "beep-boop-bing" boxes: Cactus Canyon, Theatre of Magic, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Metallica (Pro), Iron Man, Spider-Man, Scared Stiff, Iron Maiden, Rick & Morty
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

Yeah I’m in.

Premium for me.

There are some dudes that do a group buy north of here to help with the price. I’m waiting on that follow up to know what the final number is.

Time to go buy a bunch of the Eddie figures to muddy up the inside of it. :lol:
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Congrats ChrisS! Now... what are you selling to make room? (dibs :) )
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

Well the deal isn’t done yet. ;)

Who knows. I think FG has to go. I know you were interested in that.

Shit I might be insane enough to sell HMM. :shock:

I need to sit down and do some hard looking through the collection. First world problems. :roll:
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

It is a good problem to have!

I knew if anyone would be in on this, it had to be you.
Safe to assume you are also getting ACNC?

You have my number when it is time to sell. I know heidi really wants that Meow Meow Meow if it ever gets cut for space. I think last time we were over she kept taunting me with the "song" the whole ride home (she beat me squarely on it)
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Actually, what I find interesting about Iron Maiden is that the MSRP has actually gone DOWN $200 (from $6199 for the last 4 titles to $5999 for the Maiden Pro). Seriously - not since WWE has a NIB Stern had an MSRP south of 6K. Will that mean lower prices? Hell no. I'd expect that they stay the same or maybe go up a little bit.

I really like the shot layout and the artwork and backbox animations look fantastic! Sadly, I'm not not an Iron Maiden fan so the theme does nothing for me. Would I play it - absolutely!! Looks like a really fun shooter.
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
QuyN

Post by QuyN »

Hilton wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:26 pm Undecided at this stage.

As with all games, it is always a possibility i suppose. Too many new games coming out to even think about getting them all.

We recently bought a brand new RRWOZ and that was a big hit to the poggy bank :D
I think you should sell GOTG to fund an IMDN. Just saying ;)
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

I'm in on a Pro! Getting an MGC show game so the price was pretty reasonable.

The layout, rules and art are exactly what I was looking for in a new game and I can't wait to play it! I'm not the biggest Maiden fan but I don't mind them and think their music works well with pinball. I could always swap in some Metallica, Black Sabbath and Megadeath and make a "best of" game just to mix it up more.
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Foo Fighters Pro, Godzilla Pro, GNRLE, Alien Star, Space Invaders, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

It does look really good, but I'm both tapped out on new games for a while, and those that scare my children. I'm looking forward to giving this one some plays, though.

Someone had a comment that Stern is bringing A BUNCH of these to MGC. Is there any truth to that?
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue