New to the NE WI Area

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
captaindorky

New to the NE WI Area

Post by captaindorky »

Hey Everyone,

Newly moved to the NE WI area North of Green Bay seasonally for the next 4 months or so. Looking to play some pinball, compete in some events and just get acquainted with the pinball vibe in the area. I inquired into the league, but that requires an annual commitment that I can't meet.

Looking for some advice as to weekly or weekend tourneys, meetups, etc.

I'm also looking to add a machine or two to my house here as well.

Thanks

Jason
RustyLizard

Re: New to the NE WI Area

Post by RustyLizard »

I am 100 miles West of you, but welcome to the area. I and many others here are in the Fox Cities League and yes it is yearly. There are tournaments you can enter though. What sort of games are you interested in buying?
captaindorky

Post by captaindorky »

Looking for mainly 80's machines and up. Fan of Williams and Bally. I have machines back in AZ but none here. I need something to do!! ;)
cad-kid

Post by cad-kid »

Welcome!
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

Welcome! I grew up around Green Bay (Ashwaubenon). We still make it up to the area regularly, but there aren't many pins in the area. My brother and I have talked about putting one of our pins at our parents place just so we have something to play up there. Some places to check if you're desperate...

Stop 4-1
Tundra Lodge
Jakes Pizza (closed?)

I think Jake's reopened as something else, but not sure if they still have pins or not. The other places had typical route unmaintained games the last I checked several years ago. The Fox Valley group is a really good group of people - so that's probably your best bet. Let me know if you find anything else!
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
Eric_S

Post by Eric_S »

Welcome to the area, Jason. Tom usually holds a tournament in the Fall that is pretty fun.

Just a clarification on the Fox Cities Pinball league, you're welcome to participate for as many of the league nights that you can make, but the dues are collected on an annual basis, so if you aren't able to attend a majority, it may not make sense to pay a yearlong due.

As far as games for sale, I may have some coming up soon, but not sure which ones yet.

Eric
jediturtle

Post by jediturtle »

Hi Jason,
Welcome to the area! Lots of great guys around with some amazing collections.

As for games, I have a very nice No Fear available if you are interested. You can find a link to pics in the for sale section here...let me know if you want more details.

Take care,
Chris
captaindorky

Post by captaindorky »

Thanks for all the great responses here everyone!

DeaconBlooze - Ashwaubenon, huh? Same here!

As for tourneys and leagues, I'll have to stick to occasional weekend events and one-offs as I am only here through October, then back to Arizona. I'll be keeping an eye on that For Sale thread and hope to be adding at least a couple machines in the near future.

Jason
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

I know it is a bit of a drive but we are quite active with casual monthly meetups in Madison. Pretty much 1 opportunity per week now. Just check out www.madisonpinball.com for details.

Also sept 23, is Mad rollin pinball. Largest charity event in the region, we will have over 30 games in one spot with a full day of pinball. All proceeds for charity and quite a few people from your area come down and also help run the event. There are a few people looking for partners , team event, so we could fit you in of you want. Great way to meet the large WI crew.

Email me if interested.